By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox division NOT investing more in first party games: Insider (rumor)

What are your thoughts?

Boo! 169 51.68%

They are doing the right ... 25 7.65%

I really don't care 116 35.47%

Other 17 5.20%

Total:327
pokoko said:
The future is going to be filled with first party games made by third party developers. Buying exclusives is more efficient than creating studios.

We call this 2nd parties like what Rare did with Nintendo during the N64

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

DonFerrari said:

Yes. It is basically impossible to have more games and variety while making less games and making most of then sequels.

Yes, we all know 3rd party MPs sell more, and that just show you where the 4 in 10 comes from.

PS4 sold more than X1 on release even with X1 having more (not exactly better) games at launch because of not just what you see now but what we already saw last gen. both gens MS started with a lot more exclusives and in the latter years basically stopped caring to release new games besides their 3 rotation (because now even Fable doesn't exist anymore) while PS had less games at release and them started growing.

You got so much wrong in this that an airplane in cruise wouldn't really show how much over your head the point and your links are.

1) Capcom themselves and Ono said multiple times before the announcement that they didn't had money to do it at release.

2) MS tried to pretend it was exclusive and they entered the project when it was about done.

So for 1 and 2, you reversed your points.

3) MS paid a fuck ton on the IP and returning it to exclusivity would lose them a lot more than gain, where are the Halo, Gears and Forza on Wii, WiiU and Switch or PS3 or PS4?

4) They basically will gain access to Nintendo base on XBL and not only pad their numbers but also lure them to XBox, so it wasn't from their good heart as we can just remember they blocked shared multi player on FF XIV and lost it, but perhaps you think Sony bought the exclusivity?

5) Yes they buy studio, and no one denied that. What was said is they bought a studio and developed new games there. Naughty Dog made Crash by themselves, and after Sony bought they gone to release new IPs, same with other studios. MS by their side bought Bungie to release Halo and kept them at it for over a decade, they bought Gears and mandate their new studio to dev on it. They trashed Rare with the Kinect.

6) Yes sony closes studios when they can't keep up at all (on PS3 they really needed a lot more output to regain terrain, on PS4 they preferred to keep what gave money). SOE was more likely sold than closed.

You made me chuckle when you believe Capcon was never going to make SFV because of... money

You honestly believe Capcon would never release a sequal to one of the biggest fighting franchises in the world and coming off SF4's massive sales and acclaimed success? I mean i am pretty sure the brand Street Fighting rains money. Be sort of stupid not to right?

Sounds more like Sony didnt have an exclusive fighting game on there platform to compete with Smash Brothers and Killer Instinct so they poured a shit ton of money in Capcons bank account and said keep it off every other platform. They were pretty up front about it not releasing on any Xbox consoles  

As for your other points? So everything you mention about MS, Sony does the exact same things. How many new IPs has Polyphony Digital made after GT1? Sounds alittle familar doesnt it. But i guess its okay because of.. Sony. Cant have it both ways. MS like to support the IPs that are successful, they see it as to why fix what isnt broken method. Halo, Gears and Forza are amazing IPs that make MS money. Fable didnt and its why it is binned. Yes its sad however if its not making money and the majority just dont care than why have it. 

Rare is a sad story of a company that has gotten too old. Sure they went to making Kinect games because the original team failed at making a huge splash since Nuts n Bolts. Whats your view on MS now since Sea of thieves is around the corner? And are you going to ignore good games like Kameo and Viva Pinata on the 360? Heck even Kinect Adventures was decent. The guys at Rare left to make Yooka-Laylee, how did that turn out? hmm interesting, sounds like its not MS's fault afterall.

This sounds like your trying to use these pretend *get out of jail free cards* for Sony.

Never said they wouldn't ever release SF5 by themselves, but they were pretty clear several times they wouldn't release it anytime soon. Look at the time between SF2, 3 and 4 and you'll see that having a very long time between main releases was never a issue for Capcom on SF. They do release a lot of improved versions.

PD was created by Kaz to create GT and he is the one that decides what he devs man. He even created a bike game in case you don't know. And besides that, there is not much use on they creating a new simulation franchise since there isn't much different things to do that GT isn't doing to justify a new franchise. Who said it's bad to nurture franchises? Nintendo do it for a long time. But MS just can't let go of the franchises or have the teams grow and make more. Bungie bought and left MS only developing Halo, Gears IP bought and forced on a new studio (that had to cancel a project). Forza I don't really support making one a year, but again similar case to GT so I see no issue with they keeping the IP and making different things on it using the same name.

Didn't like Sea of Thieves more than I liked their IPs on Nintendo, but I appreciate they trying and on first reveal I was excited, but on E3 I was disapointed. Viva Piñata is fantastic, too bad I just played the demo for like 4h and when I got my X360 and bought Kameo and Viva Piñata I was already moving on to new gen, but I'm sure I'll play they with my son one day.

Yooka-Laylee as far as I know was a very much hyped game, didn't bought it to see how it turned out and haven't heard from it on a long time. But MS putting Rare to make bad tier Kinect games wasn't good.

Not sure what is to get ugly on this, but perhaps CGI was talking about this convo so I dunno if we are going to keep on it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."