By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So Republicans haven't passed one piece of major legislation yet (and they still haven't)

Are you glad Republicans can't pass shit?

Yes 200 72.20%

No 39 14.08%

Results 38 13.72%

Total:277
sethnintendo said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

I'd say that McConnell would've had a proper justificarion for this had Trump refused to sign the Russia Sanctions bill.

iirc He needs both houses of congress to impeach Trump, and while I know that McConnell and Ryan can both secure that sort of support (added to the Democrats', of course), next year happens to be an election year. There are some people who don't want to be primaried out of their seats.

He signed it.  That would be a death wish if he vetoed it.  There is already Russian collusion allegiations so of course he signed it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/02/world/europe/trump-russia-sanctions.html

And there is an obvious reason he signed it.  He would have been overwritten on his veto.

I agree. Trump refusing to sign that particular bill would be, at best, a symbolic gesture (albeit an ineffective one, given how he has treated the Syrian regime and Russia thus far). At worst, it would lead to not only his removal from office, but also a legal case for treason (whether the prosecution would actually win the case, of course, is another story) - loudly backed by the media, too.

In any case, I only brought it up to include the possibility of Trump being stupid enough to provide his own head to his political opponents - and on a platter, to boot!

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network

Trump is a lame duck President!