By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle file size

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle will be a pretty small download on Switch. According to a listing on the European eShop, just 2.3GB of free space will be required.

Aside from the file size, there isn’t much else in the listing worth noting. amiibo support is once again confirmed, but as was the case in June, it’s still unclear how it will be supported.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

what sorcery is this...!

JRPGfan said:
what sorcery is this...!

The sorcery of reusing assets in a grid based game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JRPGfan said:
what sorcery is this...!

The sourcery of file compression on cartridges.

*Cries as I use up 90gb for Halo 5*

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
JRPGfan said:
what sorcery is this...!

The sourcery of file compression on cartridges.

Disgaea 5 is like 6.2 gb though (on switch).

2.3 GB is like nothing these days....

Back in the snes days..... Super Mario RPG 2.5mb :p

vivster said:
JRPGfan said:
what sorcery is this...!

The sorcery of reusing assets in a grid based game.

You must open your heart to the wonders of true magic!!!!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Not surprised. Looks like the game uses in-game assets for cut-scenes, doesn't have voice acting outside of gibberish, doesn't have an art style that requires detailed, high resolution textures and probably uses decent compression techniques to cut down on space.

wombat123 said:

Not surprised. Looks like the game uses in-game assets for cut-scenes, doesn't have voice acting outside of gibberish, doesn't have an art style that requires detailed, high resolution textures and probably uses decent compression techniques to cut down on space.

And its still more beautiful than many games on any platform.Being totally honest, there are games that are either smaller or are worse looking and are much bigger than that.

Take a very stylized game such as Mario+Rabbids, like P5.Yes, P5 is probably bigger and probably has more assets and such, but that game is 20 GB.The assets would really make that game 10 time bigger?Or it is simply the compression tools and technics that Nintendo have that are amazing?Of course both have a hand in this, but I personally believe its hte latter that is most at play here.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

axumblade said:
Does that mean that it has officially gone gold?
While being one of the worst-kept secrets for the Nintendo switch it is impressive that they have managed to announce a game and release it within 3 months of that announcement.

The game, much like many games in the Switch lineup so far(Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey as some examples) probably have gone gold for quite a while, with these last months/weeks just being used to polish the final nooks.The reason they are probably holding it back is just that they released in the desired timeframe.