By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fresh Lost Odyssey content in April

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=130772

News by Rob Purchese

Today 11:18

Microsoft plans to release fresh downloadable content for Lost Odyssey in Japan on 10th April.

It'll involve travelling to a secret underwater research facility in your Nautilus ship, according to Watch Impress, and will cost 400 Points (GBP 3.40 / EUR 4.80).

Judging by a rough translation, the content opens up on disc four and sees you puzzling your way through the facility while fighting things like fish monsters.

The lure for doing all this is an accessory that teaches you a powerful ability. You will need to amass 999 skill points while wearing it to learn the skill, which appears to be something to do with lowering MP consumption to zero.

Microsoft has been contacted for comment.

Around the Network

It depends on how long this quest lasts, I would expect 2hours for £3.40

This seems like a download comparable to the Bring Down the Sky download for Mass Effect. I was very satisfied with that download being that the price matched the content. For me this is the sweat spot so I will be interested. All that is needed is a couple hours of strong play.

What concerns me are the reports of this reward. Anyone who has beaten the game will tell you this reward is near useless. At this particular point in the game you should have well over twenty skill slots which makes ample room for the magic recharge skill that comes into affect after every turn. Not to mention your magic users having insane amounts of magic to draw upon. Then to require a thousand skill points to learn is merely laughable. That would account for twelve hours of free play just to level.

I have a general idea as to where this dungeon will be located, and I believe you need both the Boa and the Nautilus to reach it.

Good for LO fans. Seems reasonably priced too.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

So, it will probably be $8.00-$10.00 or so in the US?

I just wish they didn't wait so long to bring it out. JRPG aren't the "pick it up and play 3 months later type games" once you've already beaten it.

By the time it hits the US, I'll have NO NEED FOR A NEW ACCESSORY because I'll have completely beaten the game and unlocked all 1,000 achievement points. Releasing this type of content so much later just makes me want to wait to buy the games until the content has already been released in the future so I can play it my first time through the game.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network
DragonLord said:

I just wish they didn't wait so long to bring it out. JRPG aren't the "pick it up and play 3 months later type games" once you've already beaten it.

By the time it hits the US, I'll have NO NEED FOR A NEW ACCESSORY because I'll have completely beaten the game and unlocked all 1,000 achievement points. Releasing this type of content so much later just makes me want to wait to buy the games until the content has already been released in the future so I can play it my first time through the game.

and you will have already played it for like 60 hours

DragonLord said:

No...It'll be $5 in the US.

Did you complain about the Mass Effect DLC, or the Oblivion DLC?

The added content supposedly has an Uber-Boss, and maybe more achievements. What then?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
DragonLord said:

No...It'll be $5 in the US.

Did you complain about the Mass Effect DLC, or the Oblivion DLC?

The added content supposedly has an Uber-Boss, and maybe more achievements. What then?

That price seems better to me...I'll be damned if I know the rest of the worlds currency rates.

IF it has an uber boss or more achievement points, I'll probably download it, but if it's only a level 45-50 type boss, I'll probably just skip it.

Time will tell. 

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450