By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nex Machina review thread--Nex Machina is Housemarque's best reviewed game ever!

Will you buy Nex Machina?

Day 1 or soon after 18 36.00%

I'll get it eventually 21 42.00%

I'm not interested in this game 11 22.00%

Total:50

Added to the OP an IGN article with essential Nex Machina tips and also updated the MC score.

Around the Network

I made the mistake of playing this game co-op with my wife. I've never heard her swear so much in the 15 years we've been together. She persevered through Rookie mode with many continues, verdict worst game ever (censored) with a Bowie wannabe stupid song, die every 15 seconds, piece of etc etc. She was still swearing at it an hour later.

We used to play Rocketman axis of evil a lot, I said it's sort of like that, except games have sped up a 'little'.... She won't play it again. I did play the first world some more, about 10 times more, it' hard to get better at it, there's so much to keep track of. It's all about memorizing every little thing, get that smart bomb early and don't lose it.

In her defense there was some bad lag going on regularly in co-op mode on base ps4. Sometimes it took half a second before change in controller input was actually reflected on screen. It's very responsive in single player, however in co-op, the occasional lag and pulled out camera made it much harder than single player.

Metacritic score jumped up a point to 89 after 30 reviews. Not sure the 89 will last, but this at least suggests it's final score will be no less than 87-88.

This makes Nex Machina Housemarque's best reviewed game ever!