By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official ARMS Launch Thread: It's time to strech your arms for a battle

My pantsu is ready!

#MinMinForTheWinWin!

Around the Network

I really like how you get new Arms. It makes so that it will be harder to find the arms you want for a specific character = being OP or something.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I hope people start using this thread, what do you guys think of the game?

can't wait till my copy comes, kind of last minute ordered on Amazon while I still could get a 'preorder' discount and it hasn't shipped yet... so maybe like next Tuesday? hopefully you guys are killing it. half of why I got it is I thought it would be a fun game to screw around with friends, like volleyball, or 2vs2 battles. 

didn't get a chance to do the demo/test weekend so hopefully I dig it : o

Downloaded it about 1am last night. Only played the tutorial. Not ready for serious play yet. I need to learn the nuances of control. Just punching like crazy hasn't gotten me far.

Around the Network

I'm really having sooo much fun with this game. I find it surprisingly deep, and I really had a hard time with Grand Prix level 4. Which is the minimum requirement to go competitive. I thought that I was going to get wrecked because I had troubles beating the GP, but I fought some people that I don't really know how did they beat the GP lol. There were some pretty awesome players though. But the most important thing is, fun. And this game provides it, a lot. I can see myself spending a lot of time with it.

I've just unlocked a few weapons, and there really is a lot of variety, and many ways of customising characters. I can't recommend it enough tbh. Nintendo never ceases to amaze me

Tagging!

A lot of people are saying Electric is OP and needs nerfing, and I can see where they're coming from as it leads into an easy grab or super, but it does have some downsides. Unlike every other element, Electric doesn't increase damage. That wouldn't matter much since when combo'd with a grab it'll deal 230 damage minimum, more than any other single attack combo could deal (except maybe Stun).

However, if the opponent is airborne when hit by Electric, it doesn't disable their arms, only knocks them down (except Mechanica strangely). And of course if you're too far away the opponent will recover before your grab reaches them. In these instances, the former of which being pretty common, Electric is actually the worst element, as all the others atleast deal extra damage.

Again though this isn't to say Electric isn't powerful. Once people get a wider selection of arms I fully expect to see atleast one Electric arm in everyone's loadout.

Electric is a painful element to go against (and ice too), but it has its downsides. The game is generally well balanced for a day one game. I hate some Master Mummy players though. I mean, I know it's part of the game that he can heal while guarding. But the "combo": guard to heal, wait for your oponent to grab you, attack, repeat is booooring.

ARMS will be getting a new playable character next month:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/max_brass_will_be_added_to_the_arms_roster_next_month_spectator_mode_also_incoming