By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Sony change its E3 formula?

I don't know what past shows have been like since last night's is the first I've ever watched. But if that's how they're gonna do it from now on then they definitely need to make changes. It was totally boring and drab. The games were good but the way they were presented didn't draw anyone in. At first I thought the crowd was just being silly by sitting there like they weren't excited but then I began feeling the same way.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
I honestly think gamers struck fear in Sony and Microsoft after the XBO reveal, and since then E3 has been ruined.

I miss the E3's when we had the head of the OS team come out and explain new features coming to the system. The PSN head comes out and talks new PSN features, new services, and such. Having devs come out and actually talk about their games as they are played live. Seeing Kaz, Ken, and other higher ups show up and display their passion for the business.

Gamers ruined E3 IMO, because the loudest ones only want games, games, games, games, games,games, games, games, games, games, games, games, games, games. Games are awesome. We have GAMES. But, games without soul, on consoles without creature comforts, makes for very lifeless conferences.

Yep, I dont mind it, seeing the reaction to Michel Ancel getting on stage after BG&2, and that dude making Mario+Rabbids getting emotional was great. (only time I dont like it is when execs talk about "passion", like the way they did in the EA/MS conference). It just seems fabricated and fake. I also dont mind when they announce numbaz. 60 million PS4s sold, excellent way of saying they're doing better than ever thanks to the yuge exclusive output, twisting the knife in the competition.

Btw, when you read the Gaf thread as the show is in progress it's basically "MEH BORING! SHOW ME THE NEXT GAME HURRY UP"

Turkish said:

They've trimmed more than the fat this year, it was a really compact conference of 60 minutes with the orchestra included. They had the biggest games only but to me it felt like it missed impact of the previous years. Spiderman and SotC Remake should've swapped places, people love their show ending surprises. They have a shit ton of other games in the pipeline saved for PSX and more unannounced games but their conference didn't even include all the games from this E3. Where was Ni no Kuni 2? Soon to be launched games like Everybody's Golf? Yakuza Kiwami? Knack 2 and Matterfall apparently got new trailers before their conference, why not on the stage. Where's GT Sport? Not only does the competition open their own E3 with a sim racer but Sony used to have kickass trailers for GT at E3's as well. Why not have the KH3 trailer at their stage? They should ditch the idea of showing new trailers for games they don't deem worthy enough for the main stage on the pre-show, not everyone watches it, I don't watch it. In the past they announced/shown trailers for lesser games weeks in advance, that puts them much more in the public eye, but they really should be on the main stage where millions of people will see it.

It was still an excellent conference but in a year that's more about the line up of the next 18 months than big surprises, Sony should go back to the 90 minute formula, 60 minutes dedicated to the biggest games like now, with an added 30 minutes for the mid tier/Japanese/indie games. It's weird they just flat out ignored their own Japanese output: GT:Sport, Knack 2, Everybody's Golf.

Paris or Gamescon and TGS.  Truth is E3 does not care about GT and GT has no need for E3

That and you are reading to much into it, if not for the vr crap we have gotten much more what we want.  Plus they seem to be holding back intentinally especially given how weak MS has been.  There just was no need to throw everything and the kitchen sink at this.