By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So about Microsoft's first party games and exclusives for 2017.....

One of my biggest complaints about Microsoft's E3 2017 conference was not only how they seemed to lack a lot of real exclusives, but how they didn't announce really any "new" first party games aside from what we already knew of (And I include Forza 7 in this since Forza is a yearly franchise and most people should already know then that it would be there). To make it worse I thought at least Microsoft would have 4 first party games releasing for the rest of 2017, those being Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, and Forza 7 at the very least. But Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 are now 2018.

So does this mean that Microsoft is really only releasing 2 new first party games for the remainder of 2017? Or is Ori and the Will of the Wips also a first party Microsoft game? Because if so that at least makes it 3 then but that's still really a low amount considering how much time is left in 2017.  Also what actual exclusive exclusives do they have, since they pulled so much "Console launch exclusive" shit which was dumb af and I wanna know what is actually full exclusive on it.

So we got:

Crackdown 3 (Xbox/W10)

Forza Motorsport 7 (Xbox/W10)

Super Lucky's Tale (Xbox/W10?) (is this one a full exclusive?)

Ori and the Will of the Wisps (i'm not sure whether this one is first party for Microsoft or not but I know they published the first game but that was also on Steam).

Cuphead (Xbox/W10, not sure if this one's gonna be on Steam too) 

Is there anything i'm forgetting?

Around the Network
twintail said:
hopefully its cause MS is rebuilding their first party studios and IPs... but this was disappointing.

Seriously. The whole fucking time I kept saying out loud "WHERE ARE THE FIRST PARTY GAMES". Or at least any sort of new real exclusives. I mean sure there were some but the whole "Console launch exclusive" shit was dumb af. I think that took up at least 7-8 from what I can remember of the "22 exclusive title" announcements they said they had.

I know Phil said last April that they were gonna work on more first party stuff or whatever so it probably takes some time but still this was dissapointing as fuck imo. 

This year
Forza 7
Luckys Tale
Crackdown 3
Cupheads
Tacoma
Battlegrounds
Not bad but could be better.

jason1637 said:
This year
Forza 7
Luckys Tale
Crackdown 3
Cupheads
Tacoma
Battlegrounds

I mean sure it could be worse but at the same time Microsoft's first party output just seems really barren right now. I mean there was basically only one new first party game announced, being the Ori and The Blind Forest Sequel (and i'm not sure if that's even a first party game from Microsoft, but if they're publishing it like they did with the first one then maybe?.) Sure there was Forza 7 Motorsport and yeah that's a new game but what I mean is it was something that wasn't shocking to see revealed since most people should already know Forza is a yearly franchise so there will always be one new game every year. 

I thought that once they finally showed Crackdown 3 again (since it seemed like it hadn't been seen for such a long time) that they would have a huge amount of time dedicated to it to show what they've been working on but no just a short trailer lol. At least it's actually releasing this year though for those who wanted to play it.

What is Super Lucky's Tale meant to be anyway, as in like is Microsoft involved in that in anyway or is it just a third party exclusive? At least that's something else they had but i'm not sure if that's meant to be a big game or not since I don't know if Microsoft is gonna even market that when it releases. 

Battlegrounds seems like a good get for them though, even if it is only timed exclusive, considering how insanely popular it is on Steam right now. 

FloatingWaffles said:
jason1637 said:
This year
Forza 7
Luckys Tale
Crackdown 3
Cupheads
Tacoma
Battlegrounds

I mean sure it could be worse but at the same time Microsoft's first party output just seems really barren right now. I mean there was basically only one new first party game announced, being the Ori and The Blind Forest Sequel (and i'm not sure if that's even a first party game from Microsoft, but if they're publishing it like they did with the first one then maybe?.) Sure there was Forza 7 Motorsport and yeah that's a new game but what I mean is it was something that wasn't shocking to see revealed since most people should already know Forza is a yearly franchise so there will always be one new game every year. 

I thought that once they finally showed Crackdown 3 again (since it seemed like it hadn't been seen for such a long time) that they would have a huge amount of time dedicated to it to show what they've been working on but no just a short trailer lol. At least it's actually releasing this year though for those who wanted to play it.

What is Super Lucky's Tale meant to be anyway, as in like is Microsoft involved in that in anyway or is it just a third party exclusive? At least that's something else they had but i'm not sure if that's meant to be a big game or not since I don't know if Microsoft is gonna even market that when it releases. 

Battlegrounds seems like a good get for them though, even if it is only timed exclusive, considering how insanely popular it is on Steam right now. 

Its a sequel to a game originally published by Oculus for their VR device. Microsoft i spublishing it only on XB1 and PC like they did ORI, and QB.

Around the Network

Basically. Microsoft still hasn't learned anything.

They always spent a large chunk of their E3 yabbering on about things other than games, like TV, Kinect... And this time around. Scorpio. (Not that I am complaining about Scorpio, I am a tech head.)

Exclusives is the biggest weakness of the Xbox brand right now. They needed to smash it out of the park this year.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Possibly the worst exclusive line up in xbox's history. forza is impressive, but it's the annual release. it's like mlb 17 for sony being good as always or fifa impressing annually. apart from that there's nothing big. sea of thieves is indie level and crackdown doesn't come across as AAA either. Was that rebooted?

The only positive for xbox is the only way is up so surely next e3 is better. the hype this year was blown miles out of proportion but with a new console revision launching and the chance of redemption it was understandable why people got so hyped.