By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Brazilian Police: Operation Game Over.

Tagged games:

Will Nintendo ever enter Brazil?

No. 15 68.18%

Yes. 7 31.82%

Total:22

The Federal Police here in Brazil is investigating a 100 million dollars crime ring in Sao Paulo city, involving the sales of imported video games without the payment of proper taxes.

Around 40 retailers where busted today, with tax evasion charges close to 100 million dollars. Among them, brazilian import giants like B2W.

http://link.estadao.com.br/noticias/empresas,operacao-game-over-combate-sonegacao-em-venda-de-videogames-em-sp,70001831406

In other news, the pirated games sales in Brazil is estimated in around 10k units every single day, just for Sao Paulo.

So, this is why Nintendo does not want to get into the brazilian market: it is a no man´s land still, in many ways.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Main reason: Taxes.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Well, I hope that the project that diminish the taxes from 72% to 9% pass on the Senate and solve the root of this problem

RIP ethomaz

Isn't the price of video games in Brazil outrageously high?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Isn't the price of video games in Brazil outrageously high?

That's an understatement.

No wonder you're still hung up on a 18 yo game, you can't afford any new ones!

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
BraLoD said:

That's an understatement.

No wonder you're still hung up on a 18 yo game, you can't afford any new ones!

And that's probably also why the Master System was around for so long!

BraLoD said:
VGPolyglot said:

And that's probably also why the Master System was around for so long!

What do you mean with was? It still is.

Well, I think nowadays it's just an emulator replicating the Master System, instead of being actual hardware.

As a Portuguese I feel deeply saddened to see this kind of news daily about Brazil, it's about time you guys take control of that country...

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

My Brazil is dead.