By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Uzumaki, Gyo or Tomie?

Uzumaki, Gyo or Tomie?

Tomie 3 27.27%

Gyo 2 18.18%

Uzumaki 6 54.55%

Total:11
WagnerPaiva said:
Cloudman said:
Uzumaki man. I've read all three of these and I've found Uzumaki to be the most messed one. Gyo and Tomie and great, but they focus on one central thing in each, Tomie and the strange fish mystery. Uzumaki has a messed up story per chapter. The manga has kinda ruined me. I'll never be able to look at spirals and snails the same way again....

True, Uzumaki is more episodic, and it is refreshing. Although, Tomie is so evil, I never know what she will do next. She is like all the ex-girlfriends I ever had combined in one and on steroids. And possessed by a thousand devils

Yeah, I read a lot of Tomie and that manga is pretty messed up too. A lot of graphic, horrifying images in that one. It's also pretty sad how she pretty much drives any man (and sometimes woman) she interacts with into madness, or even death. That chapter about her and the painter is one of my favorites, in terms of messed up horror.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
WagnerPaiva said:

True, Uzumaki is more episodic, and it is refreshing. Although, Tomie is so evil, I never know what she will do next. She is like all the ex-girlfriends I ever had combined in one and on steroids. And possessed by a thousand devils

Yeah, I read a lot of Tomie and that manga is pretty messed up too. A lot of graphic, horrifying images in that one. It's also pretty sad how she pretty much drives any man (and sometimes woman) she interacts with into madness, or even death. That chapter about her and the painter is one of my favorites, in terms of messed up horror.

Oh yeah! About her evil effect on women, there is a movie adaptation called TOMIE FORBIDDEN FRUIT, it is one of the creepiest movies I ever watched in my life, and it is a very sad history too. If you find, watch it, it is good.

There was a very similar history in the mangá, but I do not remember the title.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Well i dont need to sleep today anyway...

estebxx said:
Well i dont need to sleep today anyway...

LOL. If the criteria is nightmare fuel, then Gyo is the winner.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Cloudman said:

Oh yeah! About her evil effect on women, there is a movie adaptation called TOMIE FORBIDDEN FRUIT, it is one of the creepiest movies I ever watched in my life, and it is a very sad history too. If you find, watch it, it is good.

Was this released outside of Japan? It may be kinda hard for me to find, but I like horror stuff, so I'd be willing to try watching it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Was this released outside of Japan? It may be kinda hard for me to find, but I like horror stuff, so I'd be willing to try watching it.

I could tell where to find it, but last time I did, I was banned...

But, yes, plenty of offerings of this with subtitles out there...

Has anyone read the Dissolving Classroom?

DeusXmachina said:
Has anyone read the Dissolving Classroom?

Not yet, it just arrived in the brazilian Amazon.com store. I will buy it when I receive my next paycheck.