By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's Bowling started 'before' Nintendo announced Wii Sports' Bowling

Sony's High Velocity Bowling started 'literally right before' Nintendo announced Wii Sports' Bowling

MTV ninja Stephen Totilo infiltrated the tooth-decaying sugar-fluff of Sony Gamers' Day and shoved his mic into High Velocity Bowling developer Scott Rohde's face, asking him the tough question: Dude, like, you know everyone's sayin' you just copied Nintendo ... so, like, you did, right? Maybe not. With the lens carefully trained on his San Diego tan, Rohde's fired back with a little-known factoid, "Before we knew that Wii Bowling was coming out we were building [High Velocity], absolutely." You sure about that, Scott? 'Cause Nintendo confirmed 'Bowling' back in September '06. "We started working on it, literally, right before that ... and we had a prototype up in place when [Wii Sports] came out," alleged Rohde.

Dude, I hate it when Sony copies Nintendo. But when they act like they did it first, it makes me want to kick their nuts.

Around the Network

Ye... They did the same retarded thing with their SiXSUCKIS!... But im glad that People see their copying and Buy a Wii instead of a PS3... (Just look at the sales...)

THE NETHERLANDS

Meh, I don't care. You know that the Sixaxis won't be as much fun for bowling.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Yeah. Sony just likes to show that they didnt copy Nintendo. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". SONY does not want to give Nintendo the satisfaction. W/e

Also, with the sixaxis not having a wrist strap I can foreseemany HDTV sets getting broken, thus eliminating the HD advantage of the PS3 HAHA ;)

Around the Network

Well it is possible ...

Just as a thought though, Sony previously claimed that motion control was planned for the SIXAXIS for over a year before it was announced at E3 2006; at the same time developers claimed that motion control was included in the SIXAXIS weeks before E3 2006. Wii Sports was first demonstrated at E3 2006.

Now, as a game company the first thing you're going to do when you create a new feature like motion control is create a game that takes full advantage of it; if they're claiming that they started Bowling right before Nintendo announced Wii Sports they're essentially confirming that motion control was included in the SIXAXIS weeks before E3.

It's quite possible that Sony had started developing a bowling game before Nintendo Showed off their fully working bowling game.It's not like bowling is a hard idea to come up with. But I have a question. Is this a game in itself or the bowling game you can play in HOME?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Yeah because everyone knows bowling games are so high-tech they spend years in development!!

Honestly it may have been thrown out there in a meeting. Like, "we can make a compilation of mini games like darts, bowling...." 

I think Sony is a big company and many ideas are thrown out there, like many ideas are thrown out there in many other companies, anyone can say they were working on just about anything prior to anyone else. But I believe Sony allows other companies to be the guinea pigs, they either didn't have HOme in development at ps3 launch, or wanted Miis and achievments to test the waters for them prior to showing off. Otherwise how can they say HOME was in development  more then a year prior to ps3 launch yet the first time they anounce it is 6 months after launch? come on.  That's not even like Sony, they show off crap way way before they release it. I'm still waiting for Gran Turismo Portable, that was shown off prior to launching the psp.

stof said:

It's quite possible that Sony had started developing a bowling game before Nintendo Showed off their fully working bowling game.It's not like bowling is a hard idea to come up with. But I have a question. Is this a game in itself or the bowling game you can play in HOME?

It's the game in itself. Not something you play at HOME.

Deegan said:
stof said:

It's the game in itself. Not something you play at HOME.

actually if you look at it, it seems to be from HOME. I think that they are making it a stand-alone game as well as a HOME game but we shall see. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453