By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed until Spring 2018, new screenshots

KrspaceT said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Now, this will fuel the Switch port rumours, won't it? It seems that Switch/NX rumours will trully last forever.

.....If they do reveal a Switch port when they give a new release date will that cause a Nintendo hate spike? I feel it would, based on the Rayman Legends reactions and something I saw on a Touhou thread here that got delayed for a Switch version.

I sincerely doubt they'd delay a huge budget title like this just for a Switch port when they can simply release it and get the port ready for a later Switch release.

I'm still doubtful that it will ever reach the Switch though. 

Around the Network

Good so they can release Agent this fall.

Called it. The race for GOTY begins !

And also ends :p Zelda is out !

animegaming said:
Ka-pi96 said:

hmm, The Last of Us 2 could well be 2018. Plus Halo 6 has got to be coming in the near future, if that's back to form then that would be a contender too.

They said the game was in super early development just seconds before it was annouced and that was 6 months at best its a 2019 title.

the game was in super early development after the left behind DLC came out, Neil was working on the trailer when Amy hening was working on Uncharted 4. When she left the studio which was 6 months after the launch of PS4, than neil and bruce was brought on to Uncharted 4, and a small team kept development going on the last of us 2. so as soon as uncharted 4 got over, they were again two one team started the development of Lost legacy and other smaller team lead by druckman jumped on to tlou2 trailer which we saw at PSX, infact the trailer was ready by 2016 e3 and it was supposed to close the show, but for some reason ND choose to show it at PSX. so even as the Lost Legacy development was going, development on tlou2 was underway

So the time we saw the trailer, tlou2 has had a proper year of development time but yes I agree the game is not going to come out before the fall of 2019.

Johnw1104 said:
Jranation said:
Congrats Zelda

Hadn't thought of that, Zelda and Horizon just lost a major competitor for GotY. Still a couple more to wait and see, though.

Yes. Every year that the best of Rockstar is held back, opens up much opportunity for everybody else. The big blemish on their modern record is GTA IV. The massive sales monster and critical darling. Peace be with the devs of 2018.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
KrspaceT said:

.....If they do reveal a Switch port when they give a new release date will that cause a Nintendo hate spike? I feel it would, based on the Rayman Legends reactions and something I saw on a Touhou thread here that got delayed for a Switch version.

I sincerely doubt they'd delay a huge budget title like this just for a Switch port when they can simply release it and get the port ready for a later Switch release.

I'm still doubtful that it will ever reach the Switch though. 

Looks to be very impressive and wonder if it will be developed for PS4 pro, scorpio and PC or maybe even PS5. I wonder if the standard ps4 and xbox one will get severely cut down versions and it just won't be possible on Switch at all or it will be extremely cut down like some old wii games vs 360/ps3 versions.

Yeah ok I may be over-stating the difference with that image but I really can't see how Switch could do a credible version. 

Rockstar fears BotW confirmed.

Kidding,the game looks amazing ... like too amazing for the switch to be able to handle ...

delayed to make a switch version

ok maybe in some alternate reality lol

sad news :( .. so even if mario odyssey is fantastic i think it's hard to get the goty from zelda, the true battle from the beginning was Zelda BOTW X RDR2.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Machina said:
Ubisoft breathing a sigh of relief.

So much this!

Hahahhaha its some good luck they have.