What do you think?

Make expansions! 1 16.67%

Make Beyond Earth 2! 0 0%

I want a Star Wars Civilization game 4 66.67%

I want Middle Earth Civ game! 1 16.67%

Unto civ 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0 0%

I hate this series... 0 0%

Total:6

Update on Grading System: Due to increased number of people not understanding my review system, I want to remind people that story is THE MOST important thing to me in a game. If you don’t enjoy my review style, that is fine, but the reason I started reviewing things is BECAUSE I am sick of playing a game that gets a good review and ends up having a terrible story. In my opinion, if you don’t have a good story, then you can’t be considered a great, or even potentially a good game. Looking back at my gaming, the games I remember the most are the ones that capture my attention so fully to their story that I feel in the game. This is why I feel so strongly about the story aspect. All this being said, for games that literally have none (your Mario Maker and Mario karts of the world), I will include both my standard review plus one that doesn’t beat them up over the story.

Civilization 6 Review

Originality: This is not a game that is even trying to be original. It is trying to perfect what has been done in the past. They brought back unit stacking (which was from, I think, civ 4 or earlier?), the tech and civics tree feel more or less the same, and I believe they even removed the world congress (I just beat one on huge and went all the way to information era and nothing of the sort existed). However, the art style was a different take on the series, builders run out of turns to exist, and some other smaller things. Overall not a very original game.

10/20

Graphics: Normally, civ games aren’t the most graphically pretty of games, but when you choose the right art style, the visuals can look stunning (Breath of the Wild being an example). This game looks stunning with its art style. Loved it like I did Overwatch!

10/10

Art Style: Beautiful choice for an art style! I was skeptical at first, but that washed away in the first hour of playing it or so. Loved all the character animations.

15/15

Story: In civilization you basically are making the story as you play. I actually really enjoyed it this game. The computers had sensible things that they wanted and did, responses to my rising power, etc. I loved the narration of the game, especially on when the wonders were built and my spacerace victory video. This man needs to narrate more! Still, kind of back to the original part, this has been done before, many times, but with less perfection.

22/30

Game Interface: Annoying or not? Clicking the builder icon on cities would sometimes not work. Also, really annoyed at times by how it auto scrolls you to what thing it wants you to deal with instead of allowing you to do something first. Aside from that, not problems that I can recall.

4/5

Controls easy and fluid or difficult and rigid? I hated the fact that they switch from ASDW controls to the arrow, but I got used to it quickly.

4/5

Is it fun? A LOT of fun as usual! I just wish that they had kept the auto build feature for workers as I had a lot to deal with towards the end of the game in empire managing! Or maybe I just didn’t find it? Someone point out if it’s there and I’ll increase this score.

12/15

Total –

77 / 100 +10 charm – 87 / 100

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition – 100 + 5 = 105

Shovel Knight – 95 + 10 = 105

Zelda Breath of the Wild - 104

Paper Mario – 90 +10 = 100

Shadow of Mordor = 95 + 5 = 100

Zelda Skyward Sword-98

Hyrule Warriors – 93 + 5 = 98

Overwatch – 90 + 5 = 95

Batman: Arkham Asylum - 93

Zelda Minish Cap – 92

Portal 2 – 87 + 5 = 92

Portal – 87 + 5 = 92

Assassin’s Creed 4 Wii U – 86 +5 = 91

Zelda Windwaker HD – 86 + 5 = 91

Bayonetta 2 = 91 NR

Bayonetta (Wii U) – 91 NR

Zelda Oracle of Ages – 91

Metroid Fusion – 91

Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story – 86 + 5 = 91

Zelda Twilight Princess – 90

Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon - 90

Guildwars 2 – 89                                        

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team – 89

Animal Crossing New Leaf – 84 + 5 = 89

Pokemon X – 88

Zelda: A Link to the Past – 78 + 10 = 88

Kid Icarus Uprising – 88

Darksiders 2 - 88

Fire Emblem Awakening – 88

Civilization 6 – 77 + 10 = 87

Mass Effect - 84

Super Mario Maker = 84*

Dishonored - 84

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - 84

Paper Mario Sticker Star – 83

Rome 2: Total War - 83

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds-83

Mario and Luigi Paper Jam - 82

Super Mario 3d land – 72 + 10 = 82

Diablo 3 – 72 + 10 = 82

Batman Arkham Knight - 81

Batman: Arkham Origins – 81

Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga – 80

Trine – 80

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze* - 68 + 10 = 78

Mass Effect 3 - 77

Mass Effect 2 - 76

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D – 74

Black Ops 2 - 74

Rome: Total War-74

Yoshie’s Wolly World – 73*

Just Cause - 71

Paper Monster Uncut (Wii U) - 70

Red Alert 3 – 70

Snakepass - 66

New Super Mario Bros. U – 66

New Super Mario Bros.Wii – 57 *

Assassins Creed 3 – 57 NR

Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition – 53*

Puzzles and Dragons Z: Mario Edition - 46

Kirby Squeak Squad – 43

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d – 42

Yoshi’s New Island - 27

Project X Zone - 18

* Means it was more fun than the score indicates. Scores judge the overall quality of the game (how fun it is only counts for 15% in my reviews)

NR means Not Recommended based on inappropriateness.

^Charm is rewarded to games that have an undefinable quality to them that makes them amazing and have high replayability value.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
heh, love the poll! A Star Wars Civ would be awesome!

Totally agree! Now that I've played Warhammer Total War, I've become a big fan of the idea of combining well known loved ip with established game types.