By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardest game you've ever beaten?

The Last of Us on 'Grounded'. It's hard to beat the game without any ammo, every enemy has so much health, and you die instantly. Worth it though.

Around the Network
Player2 said:

8-bit Sonic 2

Revenge of Shinobi

Dynamite Headdy

God Hand on Hard. This game is why the hardest setting in Vanquish is called God Hard.

Spyborgs

AD&D: Shadow Over Mystara (1 Credit Clear, no savestates, default settings)

Guardians/Denjin Makai II (1 Credit Clear, no savestates, default settings)

Update:

Battle Circuit (1 Credit Clear, no savestates, default settings)

CartBlanche said:
GoldenHand80 said:

I did not use the theif's ring with Flame Lurker, I just decided to go against him using melee attack which resulted in sucking over 3 hours of my life to beat him and more than that on NG+. At that time I wasn't aware of the magic and arrow trick and even if I was i wouldn't use them because that ruins the game IMO

Flame lurker was my favourite boss fight. I literally jumped up from my couch and fist pumped when I beat him on melee combat. Best gaming feeling and moment ever!! Demon's Souls made you care sooooo much about your character's life. Your character's life meant so much to you because it took you back so far. It almost felt like your real life was interlocked with the character's. Other souls games are fun, but I care less about my character's life. Bloodborne is the only other Souls-ish game which is as satisfying as the origin Demon's Souls.

Pretty much everyone who beat Flame Lurker on Melee combat had the same exact feeling, you can take a look at youtube and see how people reacted after beating that boss. Whilst Flame Lurker was the hardest IMO, there were other bosses and instances where I had similar feeling, especially with Maneater, except it was more infuriating with Maneater especially when they push you and make you fall of the ledge.

Metal gear solid on extreme and european extreme is brutal. Died hundreds of times but eventually done it.

Call of Duty World at War on Veteran. The last part of the game was brutal.