By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4 makes me feel guilty sometimes.

Uncharted 4.

Amazing. 82 73.21%

Good. 18 16.07%

Bad. 12 10.71%

Total:112
Goodnightmoon said:
SvennoJ said:

T Human progress isn’t measured by industry. It’s measured by the value you place on a life. An unimportant life. A life without privilege. The boy who died on the river, that boy’s value is your value. That’s what defines an age, that’s… what defines a species.  http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-29/heres-the-doctors-amazing-speech-from-this-weeks-doctor-who
It would be nice if that was extended to video games :) Progress not measured by graphics, instead measured by how it treats life.

Beautiful

Indeed.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

And the multi is very good

It's a video game man

BasilZero said:
I consider it as a game, a form of fiction - so anything I do in any game, I never feel regrets.

Me too, but it is a credit to the game the fact that it draw me in so much that I can almost feel the wieght of my actions in it.

Rem87919394 said:
It's a video game man

I totally know. But, again, it is a credit to the game the fact that it draw me in so much that I can almost feel the wieght of my actions in it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

SvennoJ said:

It would be nice if that was extended to video games :) Progress not measured by graphics, instead measured by how it treats life.

That actually sounds horrible. The great things about games is experiecing a different life even if it's not very good at giving you the actual experience. One day they will be able to.

I want to be able to experience a stealthy ninja who never touches anyone all the way to gunz blazing damn near mindless killer like in FEAR.

Around the Network
method114 said:
SvennoJ said:

That actually sounds horrible. The great things about games is experiecing a different life even if it's not very good at giving you the actual experience. One day they will be able to.

I want to be able to experience a stealthy ninja who never touches anyone all the way to gunz blazing damn near mindless killer like in FEAR.

In other hand, I love a game called SWAT 4, in which you command a swat team in very cool missions. You get extra points for not using force, not killing people. This concept is cool. I always wanted a GTA game where you pla as a cop, like SERPICO.

method114 said:
SvennoJ said:

There's always room to play a mindless killer. And how it treats life doesn't mean killing is off limits. U4 does plenty for progress when it comes to mature relationships in games, co-operation, equality etc. Which is why shooting humans like cannon fodder stands out a bit.

It comes down to how it is treated in the game. If you play a mindless killer then reflect that in the narrative. Don't pretend to be a warm family man, or savior (like TR) that disposes of hundreds of people just because they're in the way, unless you're playing Dexter the game. Yet even Dexter had more morality than the average video game protaganist.

We as a species still collectively shrug our shoulders when it comes to collateral damage. Which is reflected in video games and movie culture.

It is interesting though that kids are off limits / indestructible in games. There is a line after which human life becomes expendable. And old people generally don't exist in games unless they are untouchable story characters. So it's about age 15 to 45 where life is worthless in games :)

SvennoJ said:

Don't pretend to be a warm family man, or savior (like TR) that disposes of hundreds of people just because they're in the way, unless you're playing Dexter the game. Yet even Dexter had more morality than the average video game protaganist.

Lol never thought about it that way but is true xD

Eh. It's just a game, no more than a collection of ones and zeroes, there's no "life" in it. I can't get emotionally attached to that or feel guilty. A level requires to kill a bunch of people, okay, boom. Next.

I do agree Uncharted 4 has too many enemies, especially towards the end it kind of gets a little ridiculous.

Spambot Removed