By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War are now free ( Link below )

One of the best games of all time and THE best RTS ever made.There is no excuse for anyone to not pick this up.
To be quite honest, this is the game that I have most played it.Played for roughly 12 years amd clocked easily over 2000 hours, maybe even much more.Dont miss the chance to play this game guys!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
One of the best games of all time and THE best RTS ever made.There is no excuse for anyone to not pick this up.
To be quite honest, this is the game that I have most played it.Played for roughly 12 years amd clocked easily over 2000 hours, maybe even much more.Dont miss the chance to play this game guys!

I'm just waiting for the remaster , I'd rather pick that up than the original, besides I can switch between HD and non HD with said remaster. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I have to use an old XP computer to play SC mainly because the cut scenes don't work on 7 (haven't tried on 10 but I doubt) even when changing to XP compatibility mode. I had issue with Diablo 1 and 2 graphics in game also running on 7.

Are these download version more compatible with the newer OS or are there still issues?

sethnintendo said:
I have to use an old XP computer to play SC mainly because the cut scenes don't work on 7 (haven't tried on 10 but I doubt) even when changing to XP compatibility mode. I had issue with Diablo 1 and 2 graphics in game also running on 7.

Are these download version more compatible with the newer OS or are there still issues?

It comes with a new, probably the final, update. In there you find this:

• Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.

So I guess it should work right. On the other hand I had no problems whatsoever with Diablo 1 or 2 on Windows 7, so maybe there's a problem with your Windows installation or configuration.

Someone should post shots of their epic micromanagement

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Remastered release is August 14, 10AM PDT