By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official NHL Thread - NHL Season underway!

How well will Vegas do?

President's Trophy 1 5.00%

First in conference 1 5.00%

First in division 0 0%

2-3 in division 4 20.00%

Wild card 7 35.00%

Outside of playoffs 5 25.00%

Worst in division 1 5.00%

Worst in conference 1 5.00%

Worst in league 0 0%

Total:20

Devan Dubnyk has had 3 consecutive shutouts!! Impressive!

Around the Network

Canucks are still.....OK. I'm almost not surprised that Edmonton is faltering. Maybe because they were underperforming for so long ( in spite of their choice draft picks ) I'm just used to seeing them at the bottom.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Well, Detroit are back at 50%, hopefully they can manage to go up and above that instead of below!

Lost this thread for a while. Calgary is doing great with Mike Smith and Johnny Hockey! Game against Detroit was ugly, but good to see that comeback against Philly (and another OT one at that). Now lets keep the wins coming! 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Wow, it'd be very impressive if Vegas made the play-offs their first year of operation.

Around the Network

Flames beat capitals 4-1! Johhny hockey, Monahan, and mike smith did great. Go flames go!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

Flames beat capitals 4-1! Johhny hockey, Monahan, and mike smith did great. Go flames go!

And Arizona are starting to win out of nowhere

barneystinson69 said:

I took a calculated risk getting smith in fantasy hockey and I’m not complaining yet. 

hollabackenny said:
barneystinson69 said:

I took a calculated risk getting smith in fantasy hockey and I’m not complaining yet. 

On the other hand, Edmonton aren't looking too hot.

Edmonton definitely has the offensive capabilities. I think they’re just missing a solid shut down defensemen. Talbot is having a rough season so far but he’s shown before he is a great goalie.