By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV FREE TRAIL - Unlimited Play Time

That's right folks, this ain't no April fools joke. So if you're still on the fence now is the time to try out the game with no time limit.

When playing the free trial, character data can now be transferred to the full version of the game at any time.

For PC, get free trial here:  http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Source: Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone

We are pleased to announce that the 14-day limitation on the Free Trial has been removed and the adventure can continue for as long as you want!

Additionally, users who participated in the Free Trial but never upgraded to the full game will be able to continue where they left off with their account.
* Please note that we will be removing the limitations on existing Free Trial accounts sequentially after the maintenance has completed. If you are unable to log in right away, we ask that you wait a bit and try again at a later time.

Learn more about the FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial.
(http://sqex.to/EIU)

Be sure to take advantage of the Recruit a Friend Campaign when inviting your friends so that both of you can receive rewards. Now is the perfect time to invite friends to join you in Eorzea!

Peruse details on the Recruit a Friend Campaign.
(http://sqex.to/URt)

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

So in other words, the game is free up to level 35 with only select things being locked behind a paywall that apparently won't affect you much up to that point.

Might have to give this a whirl now

Reminds me of when Blizzard made WoW F2P up to level 20, it makes sense for FFXIV to do the same.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The Final Fantasy I wish the single player games would go back to being stuck behind a paywall. At least the free trail is nice.... *sigh*

Miguel_Zorro said:
Why would I buy the game if it's an unlimited free trial? I haven't played FF XIV so what obvious thing am I missing?

well you'll be capped at LV35, and won't be able to play these jobs since they're in the expansion Heavensward. Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist.

edit: but on the brightside, you'll be able to level up everything else up to Lv35, and complete some of the main story.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

This is a good idea imo.
Its bound to get a few on the fence to try it, and if they play to level35 they ll probably go onto buy the game.

Thats good news for everyone who wants to try this game. If you like MMOs, I can highly recommend it ;)

BraLoD said:
deskpro2k3 said:

well you'll be capped at LV35, and won't be able to play these jobs since they're in the expansion Heavensward, Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist.

Oh yeah, it's filled with expansions, there will be a lot of stuff we can't do :-/

Not really, there is one expansion only so far and it's mostly content for level 50+.

Just taking all the available classes to lvl 35 will take a lot of time... It's a great MMO I was happy to pay for, "but" you have so much to do all the time! ^^

Nice. Always been intrigued, but it's a time thing.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

BraLoD said:
deskpro2k3 said:

well you'll be capped at LV35, and won't be able to play these jobs since they're in the expansion Heavensward, Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist.

Oh yeah, it's filled with expansions, there will be a lot of stuff we can't do :-/

There's two as far as I know and one hasn't released yet.