By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Nier Automata port for pc its sooo bad - Update: Thank you Modders!

Captain_Yuri said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Is it bad just a weak port or bad like Arkham Knight?

Not even close to AK.

So it does work, it's just the weakest version of a good game?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Not even close to AK.

Not really, is actually better, you can run it at a higher resolutions and better settings with the same performance that the console version.

Darwinianevolution said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Not even close to AK.

According to DF, there are some bugs which can be fixed by a workaround or by applying a patch by a user on steam forums and another issue where you would have to turn down a setting but nothing really major. Hence why the steam reviews are actually pretty good. Most people should be getting 1080p 50-60fps on max settings on a 970. The only time it goes down to 30fps is during the cutscenes which are video playback so nothing you can do there.

The biggest issue Nier has is frametimes which causes the game to hitch at times but that's not a PC exclusive issue because it happens on ps4, ps4 pro and PC.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

chiquitaman said:
Shikamo said:

ok i'm here to discuss why nier automata port its so bad ... cutscenes locked on 30 fps, resolution bug .... and a poor optimization ( i run here on medium, 900p to get 60 fps on my gtx 960 4 gb ) i try to put 1080p on fullscreen but still 720p or 900p 

Nothing is looked.

you have to you use borderless windowed mode and you will reach the resolution you want without lock.

using the fullscreen mode will lower the resolution to a max of 1050p. ( so 1680x1050p or 1600x900p )

using borderless window mode will allow you to use the resolution you want. 

BTW: Using Full HD and 8x AA will result in like 30 fps with your graphicscard : https://imgur.com/a/p5wFP#hy4AKtd

using Full HD and 2xAA/ or without AA, will be enough for rockstable 60fps in your case

It´s not a bad port.... i alreade wrote on the first page, that using fullscreen mode will lock the resolution to 1050p even using a wqhd screen.

Using Borderless windwow will result in the right resolution, beside the fact not to use more than 2xAA- settings. it only drains the performance with no optical benefits.

QUAKECore89 said:

I'll leave it here.
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/modder-has-figured-out-a-way-to-almost-double-the-performance-of-nier-automata/

Quite embarressing, don't you think?

Bless these modders...

Hope BotW gets a modding scene once it comes to PC...

Unofficially of course ;)

Around the Network

Hopefully the release a patch for both versions soon.

Shikamo said:
vivster said:

You could do it like me and just swear off gaming for a while and then come back a few months later and enjoy the two dozen patches :)

i will do that, my zelda for wii u arrive in a few days so I'll have something else to play.

But doesn't Zelda run even worse than Nier?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Shikamo said:

i will do that, my zelda for wii u arrive in a few days so I'll have something else to play.

yeap but i really want to play ;/

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Shikamo said:
outlawauron said:

Let's see for how long. Nier was the thing I started playing once I stopped having fun in BOTW.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Shikamo said:

Let's see for how long. Nier was the thing I started playing once I stopped having fun in BOTW.

My Breath of the Wild arrive today but i plan to play both simultaneous :P

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)