By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Nier Automata port for pc its sooo bad - Update: Thank you Modders!

ok i'm here to discuss why nier automata port its so bad ... cutscenes locked on 30 fps, resolution bug .... and a poor optimization ( i run here on medium, 900p to get 60 fps on my gtx 960 4 gb ) i try to put 1080p on fullscreen but still 720p or 900p i dont remember srry .. and the only thing I can do is wait for some patches ... unfortunately.. fuck I should have bought the ps4 version ( ps4 version price is BRL 250 or USD 80 and PC is BRL 160 or USD 51 ) for save some bucks i picked a awful port..... well do you have problem with Nier on pc too ?

My Steam ID to add me e,e: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Gustavo_Valim

Update: I used the SKIM64 mod and FUCK YEAH now i'm playing on high settings 1080p with 60 fps :)

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

They should have delayed it more than a week. It doesn't run perfect on PS4 either mind you.

think-man said:
They should have delayed it more than a week. It doesn't run perfect on PS4 either mind you.

i think so .. i'll try to play here because it's playable but is a really bad port ...unfortunately... and i know the ps4 version is not perfect but is more enjoyable than that pc version :/

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Shikamo said:
think-man said:

i think so .. i'll try to play here because it's playable but is a really bad port ...unfortunately... and i know the ps4 version is not perfect but is more enjoyable than that pc version :/

Well these games are usually priority on console with PC as an after thought. Give it a few months and it will run better than the PS4 will ever be able to run it.

Was gonna upgrade my PC this summer solely for this (and Dark Souls III.)

Now I'm not sure anymore. :/

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Does it also forget your settings every time you start up? Every time I have to set my buttons and camera settings again.
I don't have many performance problems. I run it at 1440p with all settings cranked up at almost stable 60fps.

But performance isn't even the biggest issue. Much worse is that it does not support the DS4 natively and that it has no borderless window.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It was like this for Batman: Arkham Knight too.
Even if you have a Nvidia 960, it ran worse on pc than the PS4 version did.

Same issue PC always has.... you need to brute force it, and have a monster PC.

I have played trough the game twice, the framerate and textures are better but the pop-up was worse then on ps4 but the main gameplay was perfectly fine for me.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Shikamo said:

ok i'm here to discuss why nier automata port its so bad ... cutscenes locked on 30 fps, resolution bug .... and a poor optimization ( i run here on medium, 900p to get 60 fps on my gtx 960 4 gb ) i try to put 1080p on fullscreen but still 720p or 900p 

Nothing is looked.

you have to you use borderless windowed mode and you will reach the resolution you want without lock.

using the fullscreen mode will lower the resolution to a max of 1050p. ( so 1680x1050p or 1600x900p )

using borderless window mode will allow you to use the resolution you want. 

BTW: Using Full HD and 8x AA will result in like 30 fps with your graphicscard : https://imgur.com/a/p5wFP#hy4AKtd

using Full HD and 2xAA/ or without AA, will be enough for rockstable 60fps in your case

Edit:

malistix1985 said:
I have played trough the game twice, the framerate and textures are better but the pop-up was worse then on ps4 but the main gameplay was perfectly fine for me.

thats maybe because you are using a GTX780 with 3GB or VRAM, did you lower the texture and shadow setting to high/medium or maybe medium/medium ? 

Soooo back to being considered a PS4 exclusive?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian