By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project Sonic 2017 officially titled to Sonic Forces and gameplay footage

thismeintiel said:

Oh, and...

Goddammit, you beat me to it!

Around the Network

I just don't understand. The Sonic games peiple actually lived were mostly exploration & platforming, with some obstacles requiring a burst of speed to overcome, and maybe once per stage there is a short "gotta go fast" semi-interactive bit. Yeah, Sonic's shtick is speed, but that doesn't have to dictate the entire direction of the game. That homing attack should be an aspect of Super Sonic or something, not a base ability.

Well... Sonic Generations was my favourite Sonic game in recent memory... I feel like this is just going to be like that but worse.

Interested to see what the 3rd gameplay style is.

I was never too fond of this modern Sonic on rails gameplay, though i enjoy classic Sonic. The third gameplay style will be the deciding factor.

arcaneguyver said:
I just don't understand. The Sonic games peiple actually lived were mostly exploration & platforming, with some obstacles requiring a burst of speed to overcome, and maybe once per stage there is a short "gotta go fast" semi-interactive bit. Yeah, Sonic's shtick is speed, but that doesn't have to dictate the entire direction of the game. That homing attack should be an aspect of Super Sonic or something, not a base ability.

Pretty much. I am hoping Sonic Mania is way more sucessful than this so it may send a message. 2D Sonic isn't just about going fast. It's bursts, because theres platforming and gimmicks in between. Sonic adventure 1 and 2 did it right aswell, but modern Sonic has been this constant on rails thing that isn't very compelling.

Tere have been some open world fan game projects aswell that show that theres a tons of potencial in Sonic if they go for a seamless open world and slow him down (not with a button like in lost world though).

RJ_Sizzle said:
KLXVER said:
Well someone is excited in that video.lol

I didn't think people even got that excited for Sonic anymore. Bless his heart.

I watched both vids and didn't see anybody getting excited. I want to see see somebody get excited.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

I didn't think people even got that excited for Sonic anymore. Bless his heart.

I watched both vids and didn't see anybody getting excited. I want to see see somebody get excited.

This is what was linked first.

At least the Title is better than most capcom games.

RJ_Sizzle said:
COKTOE said:

This is what was linked first.

Thanks man. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Between this and Sonic Mania I am excited for the blue Hedgehog for first time since Generations.