By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 5

it's really not worth it. I would play the older one's. Even though some people don't like SO3/4 Still think they are worth playing

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network

It makes me sad to know that SO5 was so bad though. It worries me about a sequel. I really do want a So6, but i want it to be done correctly. I doubt we'll get one for a few years though if we're lucky to even get one at all :.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

I remember a lot of people were excited, lumping into the swarm of Japanese games we've been getting lately that has been nothing short of a resurgence. Sad it didn't end up contributing to it, but luckily we aren't quite so starved for good JRPGs and Japanese action games like we were last gen.

SO5 being bad is really sad as it combines JRPG with Space. I couldn't justify paying full price for this game on launch and I still have yet to buy it, while other games without even seeing many previews I knew they were going to be worth day 1.

I couldn't get through SO4 so 5 being short certainly wasn't a big deal to me.

They improved on 4 with characters, voices and gameplay.
Yes, it has a small world with you backtracking a lot but I still enjoyed the game. Not nearly as much as SO 2 or 3 but still. It's an okay game to play when you're waiting for the next triple a to land.

SO3 coming to PS4 makes me happy though.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
And here I wanted to try it because I never played a Star Ocean before...

It's not a bad start for Star Ocean, stay away from 4 and it will only get better!

3 should be coming to Ps4 somewhere in time...

The game just lacked character, it's like White Knight Chronicles. It had all the tools but uninteresting characters ruined it.

Not to mention that some Private Actions were not placed properly, you can get a PA with deep character interaction just after getting that character to join the party. It feels so out of place.

Less cutscenes is a good thing but this game went overboard with it.

I'm a strong critique of 4 but I enjoyed the combat of 4 but this one frustrated me because of the meter at the side. You get nicked and that thing goes down fast and I usually want it up for the boost it gives.