By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft needs to publish Sunset Overdrive 2

Being exclusive is one of the worst things that can happen to a game. So no, I hope not.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

i originally had it on GWG but once my subscription ran out i immediately bought a physical copy. imo every game should be more like Sunset Overdrive. stop trying to be overly-realistic, stop trying to push for grittier action games, stop making games just to get as much money as you can out of it. Sunset Overdrive took as many possible liberties as it could, the physics were by no means realistic, the combat system was ridiculous, and it used more bright colors than a Nintendo game. but it was the fact that the game knew what it was, and it just went with it. its one of the few reasons i have to keep my Xbox One

S.T.A.G.E. said:

There, I said it. My favorite new IP on the Xbox that was quite underrated, but loved by most who played it. I need it and Microsoft needs exclusives, so pay up! Jk. It would be nice, but I wouldnt blame Microsoft from feeling weary about the franchise if it didnt turn a profit. Insomniac hasnt had a game surface since 2015. I think its time for part two to be revealed  for the holiday season if all is well. If this is one of the exclusives Microsofts waiting to reveal at E3 I will flip.

Ratchet & Clank was mid April 2016.

Insomniac is loved everywhere, but their working on some games for PS4 atm (Song of the deep & Spiderman).

And they have some VR games like Edge of nowhere, the unspoken, feral rites, in the work too.

Basically they have 5+ games in developement atm.

They cant do a Sunset Overdrive 2 game right now.

Think most of their effort is going into spiderman, that could be a potential gold mine for them.

vivster said:
Being exclusive is one of the worst things that can happen to a game. So no, I hope not.

And Exclusive is still better then dreaming about a game, and if it happens it will end up on Xbox and PC so at least there is that ^_^ and I think Microsoft needs to fund it one more time for this IP to really take off and maybe a third party release will be happening after this happened, which is great for everyone! And I do feel like this game could really show off the Scorpio with how amazing Ratchet and Clank and Spiderman look.

Imagine some extra power and the Style of SSO2, wow :)

Twitter @CyberMalistix

I agree, and its definitely one of the best and most original new IP this gen overall.

Around the Network

Yes I don't care if it would be exclusive or multiplat, I just want to play Sunset Overdrive sequel. Loved the first one. Unfortunately I think it won't happen without MS funding it so I hope SO was successful enough.

pretty much the only game I am tempted to buy an Xbox 1 for. Love Insomniac. Ratchet and Clank is the greatest series of all time.

I am Iron Man

Radek said:

Microsoft only has rights to Sunset Overdrive 1, why would 2 be exclusive?
Insomniac could make Sunset Overdrive 2 on all platforms they wanted to but they aren't.

That's what they said on Twitter few days ago, the game isn't in development.

`Being an independend developer you rely a lot on business deals and outside funding.
They wanted to make the original Sunset Overdrive and keep the IP, thats how they ended with Microsoft who funded it.

Sure Sony could fund it, Nintendo could do it or any other company but the first game was a critical success but didn't achieve the sales they hoped.
It has a big following on XBox and personally, like many stated above, we don't care if its multiplat for exclusive we just want part 2

Microsoft seems to be the most logical partner because they need games and have people who want this game on their console. Lets hope they do it because this is a must play title and part 2 needs to happen in whatever way possible!

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Nope, poor seller.
MS do not take risks the majority of the time. SO was a risk, didn't pay off.

I think they are busy with Spiderman atm. Maybe a sequel is next!