By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Now To Support PS4 (Called It)

BraLoD said:
Eh... I still preffer to own my own games, instead of renting.
Well, good news, tho, more gaemz for PS Now subscribers.

Yea I prefer it too but this is still nice so I can play those once in a life time games that you just need to play. Like The Last of US. Which is already on PSnow but #2 will be PS4 only and now they can still play.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Acevil said:

I have and besides one minor issue I found it fine. My issue was they used the digital version of a game where apparently the digital version lacked content that was on the disc. Given I imagine it will be impossible to play competitively due to input lag.

That's what renders it unplayable. Half a second input lag is unacceptable for anything but a turn-based game 

It's acceptable for anything but online comp play from what I've expereinced.

lol @ "called it". Isn't this like.. a natural progression for the service? Can I go ahead and right now reserve exclusive predictions that eventually we'll see PS5 games on the service, assuming it's still around?

Acevil said:

So PC really will be the place to play in the future and companies offering more of a service.

Yeah, if Nintendo ever gets a service like this then I guess there will be 0 reasons to own consoles whatsoever.

Puppyroach said:
The number of responses I've got through the years from some playstation fans that PS4 will not be streamed through PSNow during this generation or that Xbox exclusives can't really count as exclusives if they also are available on PC.... I hope those fans will now accept that it's a natural progression that Sony will move into PC and that it doesn't take away from the exclusivity feeling of Sony games.

I am sure there will be loopholes that make those games still exclusive, or maybe someone will try to tell you some BS about how Xbox users are actually the ones who were most vocal about PC muddying exclusive status. Like when they tried to tell us all those many many resolution threads were actually just made to remind Xbox users that there was a difference. Some nonsense like that. Basically console warz gonna console warz.

Anyway this is a nice response to the Xbox Game Pass, though it's a shame that it's on this service and still requires streaming the games. If Sony ever dropped the older games from the service and made it a PS4 only type of deal and you could download the games I think they'd see more people interested. You'd lose those who don't have the hardware but gain those who don't have the Internets to stream PS4 games.

Wow, this could mean that the PS5 could be a streaming service. I'm not a Sony fan but i don't want any of big three to go that route. I hope i'm wrong .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Lol you guys really think that Sony is going to put games like UC4 and Bloodborne on PS now xDDDD

Around the Network
sub-zero-TM said:
Lol you guys really think that Sony is going to put games like UC4 and Bloodborne on PS now xDDDD

If they do, can we have control of your sig and avatar for a month?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

sub-zero-TM said:

Depends if Sony sees it as a more profitable venture than keeping them tied to the PS4 only.

Captain_Yuri said:
sub-zero-TM said:

Haha i'm not saying that it will never happen .. but it certanly won't happen during this generation xD 

sub-zero-TM said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Haha i'm not saying that it will never happen .. but it certanly won't happen during this generation xD 

Well then I will quote this and post it on your wall if it does... If you don't mind that is!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Sony will use download instead of streaming PS4 titles for this service

so that PC users won't be able to play PS4 exclusives without owning a PS4

same thing for standard PS4 and Pro users will remain having different performance on these games