By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you feel about all the news on FF7 remake? Happy, or like myself?

Happy?

Yes. 41 42.27%

No. 25 25.77%

Not interested in the game. 15 15.46%

Never played the original... 5 5.15%

See results. 11 11.34%

Total:97

Firstly, it sounds like you're mistaking 'remake' with 'remaster'. (unless I misread)

Secondly, I'm cool with this change.

Honestly if this game was nothing more than the exact same (or very similar) FFVII game but with current gen skin I'd probably be less excited. I mean if I wanted to play it that way they I have the original game I can play. I'm excited to play the game with the new changes.

Around the Network

Mh. I searched my feelings but there is nothing. Maybe because there is no actual game yet and i prefer a more complete picture before uttering a judgement... or feels...

Hunting Season is done...

Since FFX the combat got slow and boring. I prefer the quick and fast combat of FFI-IX. And I cannot stand the battle system of Kingdom Hearts or the Warriors / Musou games, I always dropped these games after first few battles.

A real remake needs to have a round based ATB battle system, without that it does not deserve the Name Final Fantasy.

think-man said:
Initially i was excited, but the more I learn the more I worry. I'm reserving most my judgement until we see more. I don't think SE are dumb enough to screw this baby up.... Or are they? xD

Yes they are.

V-r0cK said:
Firstly, it sounds like you're mistaking 'remake' with 'remaster'. (unless I misread)

Secondly, I'm cool with this change.

Honestly if this game was nothing more than the exact same (or very similar) FFVII game but with current gen skin I'd probably be less excited. I mean if I wanted to play it that way they I have the original game I can play. I'm excited to play the game with the new changes.

Remaster is a port of the actual original game. Working on newer hardware. Fixing techincal issues and complaints only. Star Trek TNG remaster is a tv show example. Windwaker is an example. Remake is redoing the actual game. With no use of the original game assets. RE1. Adds and hardly alters anything from the old matterial. The Lost In Space movie. I have two other terms: Reimagining remake. Which uses the old game outline, but doesn't keep core elements. Keeps or changes stuff at will. Robocop movie, as an example. Reboot remake is DMC. Uses name, does nothing from original game. Fan4tastic is a movie example.

Around the Network

I'm in two minds about this whole FF7 remake business.

On one hand all they really needed to for me was some sort of FFVII compilation HD Remix which could include FFVII, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus and that FFVII mobile phone game remade as HD cut scenes.

On the other though as a fan of advent children and KH, A big budget HD remake of FFVII with ARPG kh style gameplay allowing you to have over the top fights like in advent children does sound pretty cool. But from what I've seen so far it looks like this might be better on paper than in actuality.