By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BOTW: French video game site teases 20/20 score, Square Enix France reacts

Platina said:
Are we going to have a thread for every review? :p

Still good to see though!

Well, the review hasn't even been given yet. So this is actually talking about a potential review.

Around the Network
guiduc said:

Yes, the only lucky thing is the game itself. I'm picturing the meltdown that will follow the end of the embargo on March 2nd...

What meltdown... and why should there be one?

Unless I have got things crossed somewhere... but I was under the impression that the phrase meltdown is used when expectations are not met. So in the case of BoTW that would mean the general concensus is that it wouldn't review well.

I doubt anyone thinks a zelda game will not review well.

VGPolyglot said:
Platina said:

Well, the review hasn't even been given yet. So this is actually talking about a potential review.

True, but we still have the meta thread for that

Hasn't gotten out of hand so it's fine though :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

That would be deserved I guess.
Another perfect score in ages, fair enough. Nintendo seemed to place the bar higher than ever.

SE's response is fun, and I'm for sure gonna enjoy NieR

Intrinsic said:
guiduc said:

Yes, the only lucky thing is the game itself. I'm picturing the meltdown that will follow the end of the embargo on March 2nd...

Unless I have got things crossed somewhere... but I was under the impression that the phrase meltdown is used when expectations are not met. So in the case of BoTW that would mean the general concensus is that it wouldn't review well.

He meant backlash from haters thinking it wouldn't deserve it due its outdated graphics and framerate.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
guiduc said:

Any meltdowns will be those that give the troll/clickbait reviewers any credence.

You know there is going to be some reviewer that is going to give this like a 5/10 just for clicks to his site, or for spite. The smart thign to do is have one person copy the article and post it elsewhere so that everyoen can read it, yet no one goes to his site.

But I don't get Metacritic. They are supposed to be a statistical site, yet why do they not take away outliers. THat is a basic stats rule. If majority of all reviews are all around say a 6, yet there is one 10/10 and 2 1/10 or something. In stats you woudl ignore them as an outlier.

I see it too often when people copmlain about MC. They say, "said game woudl be rated so much higher if not for this ONE score" Which is should be. MC shoudl ignore those ONE scores. It tossing them out woudl also possibly help to prevent them from happening as well.

Intrinsic said:
guiduc said:

Oops, that's not what I meant. We were talking about this french website particularly, the meltdown would be the posters bashing the game from getting one of the two perfect scores. 

Meltdown as ''a breakdown of self-control''

Platina said:

Only for the really good ones... *wink ...awkward pause... wink*

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
Platina said:

Only for the really good ones... *wink ...awkward pause... wink*

Of course ;)