By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 games lead console war in 2017 by a long way! WITH PIE CHART!!!

Faelco said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Awfully convenient that PC got left out of the pie chart when it drew with PS4

The title is "console war" and it talks about "console games", so...

Then why include PC exclusives?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

PS4 got games, who knew?

GribbleGrunger said:
FloatingWaffles said:

So games on the console that has sold 54 million thus far are selling better than games on the console that has sold 28 million thus far?

Shocking.

Sony has been doing great with exclusives lately though. 

edit: ah, I thought it was sales not reviews. 

This is the number of games, not the number of games sold or are you saying it's OK for the XB1 too have fewer games because it has a smaller userbase? I don't think anyone could justify less investment for their consumers using that metric.

No. I'm simply saying XB1 could have tons more first party games than PS4 but it doesn't change the fact that it's more likely a first party game will sell better on a 54 million userbase than a 22 million. I don't see how you can try to argue that. It's pointless talking about this though since this thread isn't about sales, it's about reviews of games. I thought it was about sales originally because I read the thread too quickly.

If this thread were/wasn't about sales what I originally said would still be correct, but since this is about reviews it doesn't really have a place here. Sony just simply has better exclusives lately than Microsoft does lately, in terms of reviews at least. Part of that could be because of the PS4's big lead this gen and userbase that allows it to get more games, in turn some of those games could be the better reviewing ones. The Xbox One could have a 10 million userbase and Microsoft should still try to keep pushing exclusives on it, but it gets to a point where it's not worth it anymore. Like what Nintendo did with the Wii U, they supported it for a long time but eventually it just wasn't worth it when it was obvious the console wasn't gonna recover. 

That's one of the most arbitrary pie charts I've ever seen.

I fucking love pie charts.

Around the Network

Microsoft needed that ScaleBound and that Fable IPs.

They literally have no response to Horizon or Zelda.

The market is deviating away from shooters and Microsoft can't keep up with the tendencies. Gamers like to be surprised and the old Halo, Gears and Forza combo is not cutting it anymore.

Ok, I get your point, I even don't think that Zelda and Horizon cancel one to another, I think they both scratch different AAA needs and complement each other.

What I'm trying to say is that Microsoft needed at least one open world game with RPG elements.

I know this may not be the cup of tea of the XBox user, but XBox users already have an XBox.

What Microsoft needs to start doing is creating enough excitement about their new console, not only from their current fanbase but also from new potential buyers, and I don't see this happening at all.

The_BlackHeart__ said:
Microsoft needed that ScaleBound and that Fable IPs.

They literally have no response to Horizon or Zelda.

The market is deviating away from shooters and Microsoft can't keep up with the tendencies. Gamers like to be surprised and the old Halo, Gears and Forza combo is not cutting it anymore.

Fable, sure, because a quality RPG is always a good thing. Scalebound, no, the game was complete garbage. I think what you mean to say is console warriors needed the Scalebound IP for list warz, because releasing shit games just to pad numbers does MS harm, not good.

When I see sales charts, I don't see the console marketing moving away from shooters. Hell the two bundles I see for PS4 nowadays are Uncharted and CoD 2016, aka shooters. 

Thats why im always broke, it's the PS4 lol. Maybe if i just stuck with the Vita or Xbox id have some money at the end of the month to do things normal humans do xD

Another review aggregator? I would have thought there is already saturation in review aggregators, but I guess not.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix