By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 1 & Horizon Zero Dawn - Both 88 MC - New Naughty "Gods"?

Have HZD's amazing reviews surprised you?

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised 14 21.88%

No, I had a lot of faith in this 33 51.56%

Damn you Sony, my wallet is dying! 17 26.56%

Total:64
flashfire926 said:
My take on this.
Horizon is to killzone as Uncharted is to Ratchet and Clank. GG is on another level with this game, and as good as killzone was, it would be a disservice to make another Killzone. HZD is something special that GG has in their hands at the moment.

So is GG following Naughty Dog's footsteps?
I think so, but I would like to wait for a sequel before answering the question.

I would say Horizon is to Killzone as Uncharted is to Jak and Daxter. 

Rachet and Clank is an Insomniac's game not Naughty Dog's.

Around the Network

not comparable, Uncharted 1 came at a time where the reviewers rated games waaaaaay higher than their worth, Horizon came out in a age where the reviewers are out for blood and the fact that it managed to have a 88 overall (90+ without the reviews 5/10 from sad trolls) it is a fantastic job for Guerrilla

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
tougher grading now than then. Uncharted 1 would get a 70 or so now I think.

Totaly agree much tougher grading now, don't know how many reviews I read that praised the game not finding any real  fault  but seem to mark it down because in their view it didn't bring anything new to the genre ,  also looking at the scores on meta critic for Horizon, there doesn't seem to be to many in between scores you see a lot of scores being exactly 70 80 90 100 scores than what I remember from the past .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Tmfwang said:

Seeing as the first entry of one of Playstations most successful franchises got the same MC score as the first entry in the "Horizon" series, could this very well be a new franchise for Sony with "Uncharted" level of success? And could Guerilla Games ultimately gain the level of trust and worshipness from gamers and reviewers alike as the Naughy "Gods" now have?

Have Sony just got 2 goldmaking developers / franchises at their hands? I hope so.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/horizon-zero-dawn

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-drakes-fortune

I noticed the same thing: 

black8jac said:
flashfire926 said:
My take on this.
Horizon is to killzone as Uncharted is to Ratchet and Clank. GG is on another level with this game, and as good as killzone was, it would be a disservice to make another Killzone. HZD is something special that GG has in their hands at the moment.

So is GG following Naughty Dog's footsteps?
I think so, but I would like to wait for a sequel before answering the question.

I would say Horizon is to Killzone as Uncharted is to Jak and Daxter. 

Rachet and Clank is an Insomniac's game not Naughty Dog's.

Thanks, meant to say Jak and Daxter. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.