By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How to be Politically Correct!

LadyJasmine said:
The thing about PC culture is that it just outrage to outrage about issues.

While legit issues are forgotten about.

Wait, can you post the link? I can't see the vid

Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:

"Political Correctness" is a term that is used by the far right, mostly so they can undermine an argument and disregard it completely by simply using that term to attack the individual/outlet instead to sidestep the argument completely.

Political Correctness is about trying to avoid offense or disadvantage to various demographics, that's not a bad thing in moderation, we should all strive for  equality and equity and all that.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
LadyJasmine said:

"Political Correctness" is a term that is used by the far right, mostly so they can undermine an argument and disregard it completely by simply using that term to attack the individual/outlet instead to sidestep the argument completely.

Political Correctness is about trying to avoid offense or disadvantage to various demographics, that's not a bad thing in moderation, we should all strive for  equality and equity and all that.

Nah SJW I seen in college were more worried if Yoga is offensive and then are like "omg Trump got elected" and are like 'we should focus on real issues now'

Pemalite said:

Political correctness almost certainly comes at the expense of free propogation of information and by extension free speech of speech ...

I know too many facts that quite a few people would find offensive. Sometimes bigotry is the truth ... 

I agree with you that we're supposed to express things in moderation but I don't think we can strive for equality in the near future but we could make a good attempt at equity ... 

If Political Correctness" is a term that is only used by the far right, there are a lot of members in the far right then lol

(more like its a term used by many people sick of the current useless debates based on cause celebre of the day then actual issues)

Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:
If Political Correctness" is a term that is only used by the far right, there are a lot of members in the far right then lol

(more like its a term used by many people sick of the current useless debates based on cause celebre of the day then actual issues)

Well, they may be a minority, but they sure are a vocal minority.

I'm fine with people complaining about political correctness, as long as they acknowledge that it exists on both sides, and don't use it as an excuse to dismiss or vilify one specific group.

No the far right are fascists and neo nazis....

People who have concerns around issues that you think are not an issue is not being far right

fatslob-:O said:
Pemalite said:

Political correctness almost certainly comes at the expense of free propogation of information and by extension free speech of speech ...

I know too many facts that quite a few people would fine offensive. Sometimes bigotry is the truth ... 

I agree with you that we're supposed to express things in moderation but i don't think we can strive for equality in the near future but we could make a good attempt at equity ... 

Freedom of speech has never allowed you to state whatever you desired anyway, because you have other freedoms and law protections that prevent that.

I can't go around and say that you have Chlamydia and preach that I am expressing my freedom to speech, because what I am doing there is making a false claim which is libel and can be prosecuted under the law.

You can have Political Correctness and Freedom of Speech, provided you don't cross a line.

Equity is probably what comes after equality. This graphic is probably a good example of what that is.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

WTF! nigahiga is still alive!? He used to be the #1 most subscribed on Youtube. Where has he been?