By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FFXV gets 60fps on PS4 Pro with new Patch. Digital Foundry Lying?

All they did was unlock the frame rate of lite mode? The hell. Looks like 15 is gonna wait until after Horizon, then.

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:

Dont download this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfCbomJW4Eg

I dont trust these results from DF, the game doesnt feel like 40fps at all. Play in 30fps and than 60fps mode, its night and day

arcaneguyver said:

All they did was unlock the frame rate of lite mode? The hell. Looks like 15 is gonna wait until after Horizon, then.

try it out yourself instead trusting it some experts

wouldn't be surprised if it was CPU limited at that point

in the future we'll have VRR compatible TVs and Consoles that make 40 or 50fps viable, but nowadays console devs should make sure they hit very stable 30 or 55-60 fps

More like a 40 fps update...

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Around the Network

Glad i still enjoyed it on my trusty ps4! I guess ps4pro still needs more time in the market to be appreciated

Lafiel said:

wouldn't be surprised if it was CPU limited at that point

in the future we'll have VRR compatible TVs and Consoles that make 40 or 50fps viable, but nowadays console devs should make sure they hit very stable 30 or 55-60 fps

Mafioso said:
More like a 40 fps update...

golfgt170 said:
Glad i still enjoyed it on my trusty ps4! I guess ps4pro still needs more time in the market to be appreciated

play it for yourself on your TV, dont trust DF this time. It doesnt feel like 40fps at all

Ruler said:
arcaneguyver said:

I'll play it eventually, but hopefully it'll get patched beforehand - both bad frame pacing and fluctuating frame rate have bothered me in the past.

arcaneguyver said:
Ruler said:

I'll play it eventually, but hopefully it'll get patched beforehand - both bad frame pacing and fluctuating frame rate have bothered me in the past.

Why not playing it today?

I will because really, there is no better choice anyways. But I do know what 40 fps feels like....and it ain't 60fps. The FCAT doesn't lie.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S