By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameFly will rent Switch games.

Will you rent Switch games from GameFly?

Yes. 8 30.77%

No way. 18 69.23%

Total:26

At first Nintendo informed GameFly that they would not be able to offer their customers Switch rentals. Now it appears that Nintendo has changed their minds.

http://fulleffectgaming.com/gamefly-to-support-nintendo-switch/

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network

I remember the days of renting an NES from the video stores. This gives me an idea for a new thread... YEAH!

Bandorr said:

Congrats to Nintendo for being normal?

I don't actually use GameFly. I don't like the idea of receiving and shipping stuff constantly. It is why I didn't use netflix early on.

edit: Also why is the option "no way" and not just "no"?

Because some people dont like GameFly. For whatever reason.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

I want to like GameFly, but unless you live next door to a distribution center it's just not worth it. Half the time games are in transit, either taking several business days to reach your home or several business days to return to the facility.

I've been using Redbox a lot lately. There are fewer options but it's a quick turnover.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I want to like GameFly, but unless you live next door to a distribution center it's just not worth it. Half the time games are in transit, either taking several business days to reach your home or several business days to return to the facility.

I've been using Redbox a lot lately. There are fewer options but it's a quick turnover.

But RedBox only does discs. They would have to make a special case for a Switch cartridge.

Around the Network
SonytendoAmiibo said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

But RedBox only does discs. They would have to make a special case for a Switch cartridge.

Stick the cartridge in a Blu-ray case.  Mystery Solved!!!

LivingMetal said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

The Switch cartridge will fall out of THE BIG HOLE in the RedBox case. The mystery will be where the Switch cartridge got stuck in the RedBox machine.

I used GameFly for like 2 months and 8 out of the 10 games I rented didn't even work.

Though when it works it's great. Fast shipping and the discounts if you decide to keep the games are pretty good.

SonytendoAmiibo said:
LivingMetal said:

The Switch cartridge will fall out of THE BIG HOLE in the RedBox case. The mystery will be where the Switch cartridge got stuck in the RedBox machine.

Masking tape.

shikamaru317 said:
Yomieeee said:
I used GameFly for like 2 months and 8 out of the 10 games I rented didn't even work.

Though when it works it's great. Fast shipping and the discounts if you decide to keep the games are pretty good.

Damn, you must be really unlucky, been using Gamefly for nearly 3 years now and rented over 60 games from them in that timeframe and I've never once gotten a game that wouldn't play, even when I rented really old games that were pretty beat up looking they still played. I have had 3 different games lost in the mail, but every time Gamefly customer support was really understanding and didn't hassle me a bit when I reported them missing. 

Yeah I must have been. All I saw were good reviews about it so I was confused.

What system did you rent for? All I ever rented were Wii U games.