By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bomberman just got a sex change!

Xxain said:
I'm tired of Japanese developers and this shit. This sets this game up to appeal to Otaku basement dwellers. Why limit the appeal of something globally enjoyed regardless sex/age? This is a cancerous problem amongst Japanese games. Its every where. This is the main reason I hate Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

That's a bit surprising because I didn't run into this problem with Cyber Sleuth. Other than that, I do agree that fanservice for the sake of fanservice is shallow.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Hahahahaahahahahaahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahaaha...

I can feel you crying there buddy, be strong.

I'm not crying, I'm laughing! This one is so dumb it hurts! Bomberman aside, why would you make a clothes-damage fanservice game an arcade that you have to play in public? Who is going to play it outside of their room? Hahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahaahahahahaahahaaha...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

SonytendoAmiibo said:
Faelco said:
The most important news in this is that... The game looks really bad.

The gameplay video I've seen is so slow it looks like a stroll simulator more than a Bomberman.

So the Switch version still looks like the better choice than. But the Bombergirl arcade game is probably still in its early stages of development.

It's not in early stages of development, it's already playable at a Japanese arcade expo.

Here is the gameplay video for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ucmIO6hC5I

(You can put it in the OP if you want!)

Aura7541 said:
Xxain said:
I'm tired of Japanese developers and this shit. This sets this game up to appeal to Otaku basement dwellers. Why limit the appeal of something globally enjoyed regardless sex/age? This is a cancerous problem amongst Japanese games. Its every where. This is the main reason I hate Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

That's a bit surprising because I didn't run into this problem with Cyber Sleuth. Other than that, I do agree that fanservice for the sake of fanservice is shallow.

Its not "this" specifically. Its the idea of creating a product where having to be a fan of Anime/Manga garbage is required. If your not a fan of Anime/Manga garbage, then it makes it tough to sit through even if you like the source material. 

And by the way, looking at the video, I think it's more made to appeal to women than otakus...

Around the Network
Faelco said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

So the Switch version still looks like the better choice than. But the Bombergirl arcade game is probably still in its early stages of development.

It's not in early stages of development, it's already playable at a Japanese arcade expo.

I couldn't understand what the objective was, and if you get hit by a bomb it only stuns you? Definitely seems like a nerfed version of Bomberman, especially if that's all there is to it.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Faelco said:

I couldn't understand what the objective was, and if you get hit by a bomb it only stuns you? Definitely seems like a nerfed version of Bomberman, especially if that's all there is to it.

Apparently each team has a base and you need to destroy the opponent's base. At the end, she has a message warning her that her base is under attack (I think ^^).

It really does look like a nerfed version, that's why I think it's more aimed at a younger and feminine audience. And clearly, the "destructible clothes" part is just anecdotical, it's nothing more than Fire Emblem Heroes, as an example. Nothing "Perv otakus" oriented.

Faelco said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

Thanks, I will.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Xxain said:
irstupid said:

What about Ms. Pacman? Did you have a huge hatred for her as well?

Are you out protesting Marvel for making a female Iron Man, or Thor a woman, ect?

Or let's talk movies. All female Ghostbuster. All female Ocean's eleven.

I could go on. This is not a Japanese thing only.

That had nothing to do female represention. 

Xxain said:
Aura7541 said:

Its not "this" specifically. Its the idea of creating a product where having to be a fan of Anime/Manga garbage is required. If your not a fan of Anime/Manga garbage, then it makes it tough to sit through even if you like the source material. 

So I'm guessing it has to do with Anime'izing something? Well, then my Marvel point still stands then. Marvel made an anime series over in Japan.

Faelco said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Apparently each team has a base and you need to destroy the opponent's base. At the end, she has a message warning her that her base is under attack (I think ^^).

It really does look like a nerfed version, that's why I think it's more aimed at a younger and feminine audience. And clearly, the "destructible clothes" part is just anecdotical, it's nothing more than Fire Emblem Heroes, as an example. Nothing "Perv otakus" oriented.

But Bomberman is already a game anyone could play, I first got it when I was around 6 years old. And true that was thankfully just an exaggeration, made me think the actual in game character models would lose their clothes. Still there doesn't seem to be any reason to change the characters and style to anime girls other than just cause, which is not a reason I approve of, but not a big deal as long as it stays in the arcade game and not the main series.