By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - External Hardrive Support Coming To PS4 In Next Firmware Update

I hadn't realized this wasn't available yet. Glad they have it now though!

Around the Network

Good news,now fans of the other consoles will stop complaining about external Hdd.

Bandorr said:
vivster said:
People are all a bunch of hoarders.

I chuckled at this. I will never fill my 500 gb hard drive. I will never need an external hard drive.

I can't fathom how people are filling 2 TB+ harddrives.

That said good job Sony. For whatever reason - people seemed to really want this.

My steam library is bigger than all of my console games for evey console I ever owned combined. Yet for some reason I'm doing fine with 200GB of an SSD partition.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Finally! Just after I've deleted 4 games to make space up. This is good news.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Bandorr said:
vivster said:

I chuckled at this. I will never fill my 500 gb hard drive. I will never need an external hard drive.

I only just started hitting the limit on my PS4 500gb, which is why I got a 1tb replacement. But the limit wasn't 500gb, it was like 410gb. Whenever updates wanted to install for game it wouldn't because it couldn't because of space (only 410gb used at the time). I had link 10 smaller downloaded games installed plus DA:I, Diablo 3, then the rest were disc games. 

So usually I just uninstalled a disc game and installed the next.... in reality, it was just annoying so if I wanted to go back to say Black Ops 3, it would have to install the whole bloody thing again, and that took ages the first time, longer with all it's silly updates. This just means people might not be as annoyed.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
vivster said:

That said good job Sony. For whatever reason - people seemed to really want this.

I have 33 games for the PS4, and I can only fit about 10 of them at a time. I like being able to just pop in a get and play it, so I hate having to update every single time.

NobleTeam360 said:
Oh good, now I can stop deleting my games over and over.

Agreed! I'm constantly deleting games to make room for new ones. Glad this will be settled. Crazy that it will support up to 8tb. 

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Bandorr said:
VGPolyglot said:

I have 33 games for the PS4, and I can only fit about 10 of them at a time. I like being able to just pop in a get and play it, so I hate having to update every single time.

To only fit about 10 on them means they are around 40ish gigs each.

Are you actually playing 10+ huge games?

Like apparently Resident evil 7 has a 22 gig update.  So I can understand not uninstall that until you are done. But what about when you ARE done?

I still like keeping it on there anyways, for if I come back to it. I guess I'm just used to the pre-online generations when I could just pop in a game and play it.

Anybody have any recommendations on external HDD's? Looking for a 4TB or 8TB.