By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Opinion: Microsoft Positioning Scorpio As 'Next Gen' Console

Egelo said:

Except it wont since the PS4 pro directly compete with it.

It may have worked if the pro didnt exist.  

Whether it works or not is another question. This is what MS are doing and have been laying the foundations for this narrative for a few months now.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
black8jac said:

Fully agree. It's just PR talk and damage control. Sony has half ass mid-cycle upgrade machine on the market, which needs upscale tricks to run 4K and MS will have half ass mid-cycle upgrade machine year later which, despite beeing more powerful, will have to use upscale tricks as well to run 4K. MS spinning it to give perception that Scorpio is something more than it really is.

Let's be clear on this, the Scorpio is more powerful than the Pro and will have more true 4K games in my opinion. Sony refer to the Pro as a mid gen upgrade ... so ask youself, when recently has MS used that term to describe the Scorpio?

I see people thinking the Scorpio won't make a difference to this gen (myself included when I see it as this gen) but when viewed as a next gen console ...

I said it in my post. Sony calls PS4 PRO like it really is. MS tries to make us believe Scorpio will be something more than mid gen upgrade. PR spin.

"Let's be clear on this, the Scorpio is more powerful than the Pro and will have more true 4K games" - I do agree with you on that, but Scorpio will be running same games as Xbox One with benefit of upscaled or native 4K just like PS4/PS4pro tandem. They even use same upscalling method, just call it diffrently.

They can say anything they want and know that most people won't research the validity of their claims, especially in the US.

It's what we do and it's how we choose our presidents.

Thank God. This Gen is pretty much boring. PS4 and X1 are way underpowered and the games shows. If they weren`t we wouldn`t even be talking about mid-gen upgrades. Sure, better graphics here and there, but nothing ground breaking. Every game feels like they could run on PS3/X360 in lower resolution, simpler textures. I know it`s not true, but it feels like this. It isn`t anything like when I saw for example Gears Of War 1 or Dead Rising 1 on 360 and we all know from just a glance those games would have been impossible in the previous gen.

And I don`t see why complain about timing. If Scorpio comes out this year it will be around 4 years after X1 release, about the same time Wii U and Nintendo Switch, and nobody is complaining about Switch coming out too soon. And X1 can`t be called a success also...

And soon we are going to see developers focusing on Scorpio and PS4 Pro, and base ps4 and x1 being an after thought, the new Kojima game is already being developed to take full advantage of PS4 Pro, MS is just being more direct about that. Sony should allow developers to release PS4 Pro only games.

GribbleGrunger said:
Egelo said:

Except it wont since the PS4 pro directly compete with it.

It may have worked if the pro didnt exist.  

Whether it works or not is another question. This is what MS are doing and have been laying the foundations for this narrative for a few months now.

Positioning it as th emost superior powerfull option sure.

next gen hell no.  

Around the Network
Insidb said:
They can say anything they want and know that most people won't research the validity of their claims, especially in the US.

the lying witch lost, GET over IT.

black8jac said:

I said it in my post. Sony calls PS4 PRO like it really is. MS tries to make us believe Scorpio will be something more than mid gen upgrade. PR spin.

"Let's be clear on this, the Scorpio is more powerful than the Pro and will have more true 4K games" - I do agree with you on that, but Scorpio will be running same games as Xbox One with benefit of upscaled or native 4K just like PS4/PS4pro tandem. They even use same upscalling method, just call it diffrently.

And I believe that's why they're paving the way for this narrative. They know there isn't going to be any major differences between the two console so the next best thing is to get the media to promote it as a next gen console for them. Next gen credentials trump resolutions for your average consumer. It gets them excited.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
black8jac said:

And I believe that's why they're paving the way for this narrative. They know there isn't going to be any major differences between the two console so the next best thing is to get the media to promote it as a next gen console for them. Next gen credentials trump resolutions for your average consumer. It gets them excited.

Ergo PR stunt. 

Egelo said:
Insidb said:

the lying witch lost, GET over IT.

Everyone is well aware that Giant Douche beat Turd Sandwich: President Snowflake is on the news every day.

So this, and then that, and with those you go there, and into that one, over the other one, under there, and then...

Huh.

Huh?