By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 'High fidelity VR' disappears from Xbox Scorpio website

They realized VR is a gimmicky bubble about to burst.

Around the Network
Turkish said:

Do people honestly think Microsoft is gonna make a VR headset and support it with exclusive titles when non-VR offerings are so few already? I find their messaging so confusing, why would they announce VR support years in advance and then quietly drop it? Why this half-hearted commitment from them always?  I always took it as meaning Oculus support with some cheap Oculus ports for Scorpio seeing their current partnership. Besides they may have looked at the current market and deemed it's not worth entering anymore.

They never believed in VR imo, they just didn't want to be left behind if Sony is making serious $ in a new market, a market Sony is trying to create since 2011. VR wasn't a passion project for them like it was for Sony, Valve and Oculus(pre FB purchase).

You're talking about a lot of things.. when we know very little. They didn't "drop" anything. The final console design isnt even complete, and we are still pretty much 10 months from release. 

Also. Not sure why you think Oculus support. Since Microsoft announced lowcost headsets supporting Windows 10 Holographic (AR and VR) platform. These are more likely what the Xbox One would support, since they JUST use Windows 10 and don't require "Oculus Home" etc.

And two your last point. They never believed in VR??? Back to them just announcing VR headsets by SEVERAL manufactures with DIRECT support for Windows 10 (likely Xbox One). 

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Can't have a MS hardware launch without backpeddling

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

LurkerJ said:

Has Microsoft decided not launch its latest Xbox iteration, Project Scorpio, with VR? The removal of “high-fidelity VR” from the latest Project Scorpio website banner suggests this might be the case.

VR support looked to be a certainty for the upcoming console, having not only been listed on the aforementioned website but also as a feature listed on a banner at last year’s CES tradeshow. Indeed, the console’s surprise appearance at AMD’s booth had advertised Project Scorpio as offering both “4K Gaming” and “VR”.

But “high-fidelity” has not made an appearance on a new banner, fueling speculation that Microsoft does not intend to offer Oculus VR support for the console.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/microsoft-remove-vr-scorpio-feature-website/

True high-fidelity VR on Scorpio doesn't exist anymore! 

That means MS couldn't deliver a true-high-fidelity-VR-capable Scorpio at a reasonable price point, or Phil and the gang were making exaggerative claims that were Bound to be Scaled back.

It's been Scalebound. 😐

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

MICROSOFT has responded to the news reports about the removal :

A Microsoft representative told GameSpot that Project Scorpio will offer "high-fidelity VR experiences," though the company did not say why the line was removed from the site.

"When Project Scorpio ships later this year it will be the most powerful console ever built with a 6 teraflop GPU to deliver true 4K gaming, high-fidelity VR experiences, and greater graphic fidelity. We have nothing additional to share at this time," the spokesperson said.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network

They are perhaps backtracking now since after seeing PSVR's first holiday that the tech in this space seems doomed to follow 3D's trajectory.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S