By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry: Scorpio Spec leak - "might suggest console isn't the "true" 4k console as MS claimed"

i guess MS will bring down that cloud power.

Around the Network

So having no ESRAM means probably:
- It will be harder for developers to program for both Scorpio and the original Xbox One unlike with PS4 hardware
- The games on scorpio wont nativity run better unless they are patched

checkerboarding (or whatever ms calls it) doesn't bother me but it is still lulz worthy thanks to ms's initial marketing.

either way,.. i feel like ps4 pro and scorpio are throwing an awful lot of raw power towards not much. i mean,.. i guess maybe scorpio will be different from pro but the comparisons i've seen are literally a "who gives a fuck" level of improvement.

i just want to see games at 60 fps or steady (as in not a range of 2-40 or something like that)

Chazore said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

But remember boys and girls, the Scorpio doesn't exist :)

Raw power doesn't matter =P (apparently).

I find it funny how one can tout power and make it out to be the biggest bombshell ever, yet when anyone else tries it, it suddenly doesn't matter or "doesn't exist".

Remember ps4 fans hyping nothing but 1080p. It was 1080p or give me death sort of thing. 

Around the Network
Ruler said:
So having no ESRAM means probably:
- It will be harder for developers to program for both Scorpio and the original Xbox One unlike with PS4 hardware
- The games on scorpio wont nativity run better unless they are patched

We still don't know enough to make either of these assumptions, especially the latter. Unless the Scorpio's overall design is very different from the X1's (which seems improbable), it'll likley be capable to brute forcing better native performance. Of course, whether MS would allow it or not is another thing.

If Microsoft want this thing to have any chance of selling it needs to be close to the ps4 price. Makes sense.

The true 4k console will be the ps5. These are just mid gen upgrades!

Aura7541 said:

So ethomaz pointed this out on GAF.

Original message: "The most powerful console ever, with 6 teraflops of graphical processing power. The first and only console to enable true 4K gaming and hi-fidelity VR. Compatible with all your Xbox One games and accessories"

Current message: "The most powerful console ever, featuring 6 Teraflops of graphical processing power, true 4K gaming, and compatibility with Xbox One games and accessories."

all it took was Sony to release 1 native 4k game to make that statement gone.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Also, I don't understand why they announced this thing so early, it's like they had no plan to release a new console until the rumors of the PS4k started and that was when they started working on this console.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Snoopy said:

Remember ps4 fans hyping nothing but 1080p. It was 1080p or give me death sort of thing. 

Sure, and i also remember when many Xbox fans where firmly on the side of 'resolution doesn't matter at all', yet now celebrate 'true 4k'.

Both sides have hypocrites, and both sides have people whose opinions have remained consistent. Some have even simply changed their positions slowly over time. Let's please not have another thread dissolve into this particular brand of nonsense :)