By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Software Sales Reach 401.1 million

Oda said, “Sales of PS4 exceeded 53.4 million units worldwide, and the sales total of PS4’s game software reached more than 400 million (401.1 million),” , “2016 was a year when we were able to offer a fruitful product line-up,” PS4 with a slim shape, PS4 Pro with further improved performance, and PSVR . However, for PS4 Pro and PSVR, we apologize for the fact that the number of units supplied was insufficient and could not meet the demand of purchasers.

http://www.thewolfhall.com/ps4/sie-japan-gm-ps4-pro-psvr-supply-issues/

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Did something go wrong? I haven't been able to get to the main page for ages now. I'm assuming other people are having the same problem?

The PS5 Exists. 

Seems pretty good. Knew PSVR was undershipped, but not the Pro.

That's a lot of games. Though, 7.5% is wrong. It would be either 7.5 games per console, or 750% attachment rate.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
That's a lot of games. Though, 7.5% is wrong. It would be either 7.5 games per console, or 750% attachment rate.

Yh was thinking the same thing.

Should be 7:1 attach ratio

Around the Network
Normchacho said:

Thanks. I took that from GAF but wasn't sure.

The PS5 Exists. 

Been saying for weeks psvr has been woefully undershipped

The attachment ratio has gone up over time. Late May, the PS4 sold-through 40 million and PS4 software sold 270.9 million units, making the ratio 6.77 games per console.

We have it at something like 340 here, wonder how much of those 400 is digital

Good hardware leads to good software library leads to good software sale leads to good hardware sale. Sony really knows how to handle this business