By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The many "mistakes" of the Nintendo Switch" article.

The third party point is a legitimate concern, but not one that bothers me. I also find the launch lineup lacking in terms of Switch exclusive content. However he makes some pretty ridiculous points as well, especially about Zelda. I mean, I could make soup in Twilight Princess, there was an entire dungeon based on it!

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
"Ubisoft is releasing 3 games this year for the switch"

Yeah and 2 of 3 are Just Dance 2017 and Rayman Legends.

The lack of 3rd party support is still available, the problem is that people doesn't want to see it.

Capcom is giving a remastered of a remastered with some improvements

It's getting Just Dance 2017 because that franchise still sells well on Nintendo consoles, shocking isn't it? And Rayman Legends is getting exclusive content. And there's still the Mario x Rabbids crossover that is heavily rumored. Wait till E3 before complaning about Ubisoft. Ubisoft isn't the most notable example of a lack of third party support. Capcom or Level 5 is. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Ka-pi96 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Now I don't want to provide clicks to bad articles, but I was curious to see your reactions to this article.

Well by providing a dodgy summary that belittles the author that's exactly what you're doing. Where else are people going to see what the article is actually saying?

As for the article itself. I mostly agree. Sure some of it is just speculation rather than things that are known for sure, but it's Nintendo's job to answer any concerns that people may have about the console and so far they've failed miserably at that.

He claimed everything I put in my summary, so why is it dodgy? 

How can you even agree despite the fact he's factually wrong on many things? 

I'm done with Nintendo Switch Trolls, I'm just gonna lay back as the sales numbers come in and let them speak for themselves. They could be good or they could be bad, At least they're fact other fan ramped fanboys complaining over how Nintendo isn't the brand slapped onto their box.

pokoko said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Spamming is against the rules. I provided a link to the article, so I did post what the article said. Thus your post was useless, obnoxious and in a hostile tone. 

He didn't post any valid points, so I can't post them to begin with. 

What about:

"The Use of a Mobile App for Online Functionality is Counter-Intuitive"

or

"We Still Have No Concrete Information About Much Sought-After Features"

You don't think those are valid?  Really?

Honestly, you're every bit as untrustworthy with the way you twist some things and omit others.

In my summary I said we don't know enough about the online platform to start complaining yet. Most of it are unconfirmed rumours. Please read the OP a little bit better. 

I didn't twist anything, he claimed everything in my summary. If it sounds stupid it's because he said those stupid things.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Most of it seems fairly on point.
The first point about Zelda seems a bit off. The rest seems fine.

I was writing out a very long essay comparing each point then realized - there is absolutely no point. You aren't open to a debate or a discussion. So I'm not going to waste a long amount of time writing something that will be glossed over.

Don't post then if you don't want to discuss. Anyway, I provided facts in the OP, so you can't really argue with most of it anyway. 

Alkibiádēs said:
Bandorr said:
Most of it seems fairly on point.
The first point about Zelda seems a bit off. The rest seems fine.

I was writing out a very long essay comparing each point then realized - there is absolutely no point. You aren't open to a debate or a discussion. So I'm not going to waste a long amount of time writing something that will be glossed over.

Don't post then if you don't want to discuss. Anyway, I provided facts in the OP, so you can't really argue with most of it anyway. 

You don't want to discuss anything either. You want people to rally behind you to shit on the guy who wrote that thing.

Alkibiádēs said:
pokoko said:

What about:

"The Use of a Mobile App for Online Functionality is Counter-Intuitive"

or

"We Still Have No Concrete Information About Much Sought-After Features"

You don't think those are valid?  Really?

Honestly, you're every bit as untrustworthy with the way you twist some things and omit others.

In my summary I said we don't know enough about the online platform to start complaining yet. Most of it are unconfirmed rumours. Please read the OP a little bit better. 

I didn't twist anything, he claimed everything in my summary. If it sounds stupid it's because he said those stupid things.

Cherry-picking the points you don't like and then spinning them to be as negative as possible is not a "summary".  You created a really poor OP, it's as simple as that.  

Bandorr said:
Hynad said:

You don't want to discuss anything either. You want people to rally behind you to shit on the guy who wrote that thing.

Pretty much.

While some things like "$250 for a Fisher Price tablet? No sale." is clearly a step pass the line and makes the reporter seem bitter.

Something like "The price of the console is fair enough, but the huge discrepancy between regions is shocking. In the US, it stands at $299.99, but in the UK, it’s £280, a noticeably slight decrease; a quick Google search will put the pound equivalent at around £250. The price is even more harrowing in Australia and Canada, with it being $469.95 AUD and $399.99 CAD respectively." is interesting.

Why is the price so strange across so many areas?

The Canadian price is in line with the exchange rate. I didn't check the other regions.

Hynad said:
Alkibiádēs said:

I merely provided facts to his arguments.

- He hasn't played Zelda, but he claims it will be archaic.

- He claims there is a 6-7 month drought of First Party games until Super Mario Odyssey releases. This is not true as Mario Kart 8 releases at the end of April, Arms in the Spring and Splatoon 2 releases in the Summer. There's also Fire Emblem Warriors in the Fall and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which is slated for 2017 (which could admittetly be delayed to 2018 very easily). 

- He hasn't played Arms, but he claims it's just "motion control nonsense" despite the fact that it supports traditional controllers as well.

- He claims Nintendo is creating artificial scarcity despite the fact that Nintendo is shipping similar numbers compared to the PS4 launch. You can't argue with numbers.

- He says there is a lack of third party support (which is true), but he claims Ubisoft is the most notable example of this lack of support, which is bollocks. Steep, Rayman Legends and Just Dance 2017 might not be much, but it's still better than an HD port of a 26-year old game that is sold at $40 (Capcom). Or Level-5 who weren't even present at the conference despite having seen huge success on the 3DS. That's a notable absence.

- Claims a bunch of things about the online platform and the virtual console that are unconfirmed. He's making assumptions. How do we know the service is too expensive when we don't even know how much it will cost or everything it will offer...