By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Evil Nintendo conspiracy - nightmares when ill & delirious

The last few days I've had the worst case of Man flu ever. Hot and cold flushes, sweating, coughing, aches everywhere, blocked nose and ears etc. 

Last night I took my medication and fell asleep and had this dream where I was convinced the dream was real. I woke up and for a good 20 minutes I was so delirious I thought the dream was the real deal. 

In my dream I was playing the new Mario Kart on the Switch and I kept losing every round. I must have played the same track like 20+ times. There were a few people in booths next to mine and they couldn't win either. After what seemed like hours, we realised something, the power up system was rigged. To win the race you needed a special crab power up, however, Nintendo had locked the power up so no one could ever get it. Everytime the power up span, it would land on anything but the crab. Some how, this led us all to believe that Nintendo was conspiring against gamers everywhere and was some how connected to a larger plot to establish Nintendo domination. 

This was 7 hours ago when I just woke up, still delirious and 100% convinced it was true. 

Anyone else have really odd dreams when they were really ill and we're convinced when they woke up that the dream was real? 

Around the Network

I once had this super long Mario Kart Wii session and when I went to bed I dreamed of girls wearing bikinis having a Kart race in my School. To this day that is one of my favourite dreams and wish it was true

One of the very rare times I've dreamt about videogames ended up with humanoidly deformed 3D Ocarina of Time Princess Zelda slapping me, but I can't remember if I was ill that day.

The worst part is...my cheek kept feeling funny for quite a while.

I once had a dream where I was grinding on a JRPG so much that one of the characters got out of the game and started strangling me, saying "Beat the boss already" in a very scary fashion. It had red eyes and the entire room went dark when the character got out, so I could only see its glowing red eyes. Then I woke up, and tried to beat the boss, but I couldn't, so I kept grinding. True story.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Had a dream I was storming a castle with Viktor and Flik from Suikoden. It was a dope ass dream.

Around the Network

I once had a crazy dream where Toadette showed up in my bedroom................late at night..............wearing lingerie.............and holding a whip. The rest is NSFC. (Not safe for Chartz)

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Fei-Hung said:

Anyone else have really odd dreams when they were really ill and we're convinced when they woke up that the dream was real? 

Ive had dreams like that... even when not ill.

One time when I was a little kid I had a dream that I got eaten by a dinosaur.

But honestly I don't remember ever having any dreams about videogames, if I did I don't remember them. 

Some of you had decent dreams at least. Especially girls in bikinis driving karts lol

JRPGfan said:
Fei-Hung said:

Ive had dreams like that... even when not ill.

I do too, but it happens more often when I'm really ill.

If it happens whilst I'm well, it's usually because I've over done something e.g. gamed for too long without a break, worked on too long for something etc