By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone able to get a Pre-Order for the Switch before it sold out?

Switch Pre-order?

Yes 82 67.77%

No 39 32.23%

Total:121

Nintendo Switch Sold Out At Amazon, GameStop, Walmart, and Best Buy

In only a few days pre-orders for the Nintendo Switch has sold out at Amazon, GameStop, Walmart, and Best Buy.

GameStop revealed it was allocated 500,000 Switch consoles for launch and 250,000 people are now on a waiting list. 1.2 million games have also been pre-ordered at GameStop. 

Was anyone able to get a Pre-Order? After the persensation I would have never thought it would have sold out so fast. I managed to get one the day there were available.

Any games or accessories pre order as well?

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

Well I'm in germany but yeah I preorder mine frome mediamarkt. It's now sold out in germany too u beleive

Yep. Got it from amazon half an hour before it was sold out. That's what clever Nintendo fans do.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yep through Best Buy. I also pre-ordered Zelda (obviously), the charging grip, and neon blue joy-cons. Gonna try to pre-order Bomberman R and a pro controller as soon as I can.

Its still available here in Australia. Im still waiting for 2 other retailers to give their price.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

I got mine at the local EB. They are all sold out and they had A LOT! The store had 80 up for pre-order. I was unable to get the Zelda collectors edition though. I'm rather upset about that and they don't have pre-orders up for the middle version yet.

Gamestop had like 3000 on Spain, they sold out really quick, my friend was able to pre-order one though, but that was the day after the Switch event.

I haven't preordered it. I'm confident that I will get one at launch.

Neogaf preorder thread came up a min after amazon started taking preorders, so I was able to get one.

Months ago, I had my Amazon app set to email me when they were available. The email never came!

I worked from 545am-6pm the day of the conference so I missed the whole thing. I was driving to work at 430am the next morning and said "Fuck! I missed out!" Then, I went to GameStop's website and I was able to order. Everything has been confirmed and I'll be playing Zelda on day one.