By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If history repeats, Switch will get price cut and/or bundles this holiday.

Switch will get...

Price Cut 8 11.94%

Bundle 20 29.85%

Both 34 50.75%

Nothing 5 7.46%

Total:67
freebs2 said:

All people here are convinced the console is going to have terrible sales this first year, yet we don't have a real reliable indicator until the console is out for a few weeks.
I don't think the console is going to do miracles but I wouldn't bet already it's going to do WiiU levels bad.
If sales aren't terrible I don't see why Nintendo should price cut less than 9 months form release. A bundle on holiday season is a given but a price cut is most likely going to happen next year.

3DS sold better than Wii U but still got a huge price cut on top of a bundle. It's actually the other way around, the only way price cut/bundle don't happen is if it sells amazing like the Wii. I think it's safe to say that wont happen with it's current price and game line-up, but that's just my opinion.

Around the Network

If all things comes to worse by that holiday........ Nintendo will probably do that and remove the dock.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Yes, I think it will get a price cut eventually and for sure, it will get a holiday bundle

Not sure if the price cut will be in 2017 though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

It should have been 250.00 or have arms-12switch-snipperclips pack in for 300.00

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Holiday bundles were a given no matter how success or price the system is at. But yeah I do think a price cut to 250 is happening before summer is over and I can see them backing out of the pay online if sales aren't that high.