By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One will outsell Switch 3 to 1 this year

pbroy said:
I agree. 4K Blu-ray with the best looking multi-plats should be an inticing offer to many. Let's not forget the TV Guide capabilities with built in IR blaster. 😍

Also, if Switch fails to deliver Achievements, there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people.

4k blu-ray, better looking "same games" and achievements are something internet video game message board people like us care about. The general public is a completely different beast. If resolution, movie play back and achievements were what people cared about most, Wii wouldn't have eaten PS3 and 360 for dinner.

The Switch will sell or not sell based on how well it can entice the casual fanbase.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
pbroy said:
I agree. 4K Blu-ray with the best looking multi-plats should be an inticing offer to many. Let's not forget the TV Guide capabilities with built in IR blaster. 😍

Also, if Switch fails to deliver Achievements, there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people.

4k blu-ray, better looking "same games" and achievements are something internet video game message board people like us care about. The general public is a completely different beast. If resolution, movie play back and achievements were what people cared about most, Wii wouldn't have eaten PS3 and 360 for dinner.

The Switch will sell or not sell based on how well it can entice the casual fanbase.

The casual fanbase wants madden, fifa,cod, destiny, RDR, GTA,ect.. you know the big AAA multiplatform titles that won't be on the switch.

Snoopy said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

The casual fanbase wants madden, fifa,cod, destiny, RDR, GTA,ect.. you know the big AAA multiplatform titles that won't be on the switch.

Those are core-casuals. I was talking about the Wii Sports demograpic... the blue ocean.

Ridiculous as all ways from OP.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Snoopy said:

Those are core-casuals. I was talking about the Wii Sports demograpic... the blue ocean.

Even those Madden buyers dont really care about resolution like that. I dont where people are getting this idea that most console buyers truly care about that stuff.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
JRPGfan said:

Analysts are predicting 5m+ sales of the switch this year.

I doubt the xbox one sells 15m units, and is able to 3 : 1 the switch.

I think the Xbox One is abit overtracked on VGCs, but its clear its avg pr year is ~9m or abit under.

Scorpio isnt going to make the Xbox One suddenly sell twice as many units as normal this year.

Competition from Playstation 4 is higher than ever (so many games you cant play on xbox), and the Switch is releaseing.

Xbox One sales will probably be down YoY in 2017.

There is a lot of AAA games you will be able to play on your xbox that you can't play on your ps4 or switch too. Not to mention not only is all the games going to run and play better, but you're more than likely going to get a pc version of most of the games you buy so that way down the road if you have a decent laptop/computer you can play the games no matter where you at.

Games like what ? Forza ? Pcars2 is expected this year which is multiplat and getting popular in sim racing. Moreover GTS on PS4. I would say there are barely few. Also you are exaggerating Scorpio performance advantage. It will be same as PS4P but with this time have resolution advantage instead. Something like 1440P vs 1800P and that too on 1080P HDTV will make even less difference

Is crow already in order?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Plot twist: Switch is already outselling Xbox One 2:1 this year: 3,662,147 (Switch) vs 1,723,660 (Xbox One). Numbers up to May 6th, meaning 2 months since Switch release.

Keep in mind Xbox One had 2 extra months but is still eating dust. On weekly sales Switch keeps outselling it 3:1 regurlarly, sometimes even 4:1.

Another fun fact: 10 weeks after launch, Xbox One did 60k, while Switch did 173k, and that's a new all time low due to supply issues. It's not even a contest anymore. This one was fast!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Switch has passed 4m already and outsold XBO 3:1 from launch and 2:1 for the year.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
Switch has passed 4m already and outsold XBO 3:1 from launch and 2:1 for the year.

Why would you necro a troll thread made by someone who's been perma-banned?