By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This is what will make the Switch a hit, the JoyCon

When I saw the demonstration it blew my mind, it was everything the wii mote should have been. JoyCon is a much, much, much, improved Wii-Mote, it works whitout the IR Bar so it can be used in any use case of Switch. 

I think this is the killer hardware for Switch. I don`t even care much about Nintendo software, but this piece of hardware is truly exciting. 

Hardware has been boring this whole gen, with the exception of the PS4 Pro, they were just low specced PC`s with some exclusive games to market themselves. Ps4 may have some great games but it`s hardware is boring, the same for XB1, but JoyCons are really exciting.

Around the Network

It's definitely innovative in the way Nintendo wants, but are features that I don't really care about to be honest

Would rather limit these features and drop the price..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
It's definitely innovative in the way Nintendo wants, but are features that I don't really care about to be honest

But there`s an important point you just mentioned. Price. You may think it`s expensive, but, consumer wise, the price itself doesn`t matter. If the person seems value to it, they are going to pay for it, unless they just can`t pay it in anyway. 

Sometimes trying to go cheap could have hurted more than helped. 

Platina said:

The are people who care about those features you do not though.

invetedlotus123 said:
Platina said:

But there`s an important point you just mentioned. Price. You may think it`s expensive, but, consumer wise, the price itself doesn`t matter. If the person seems value to it, they are going to pay for it, unless they just can`t pay it in anyway. 

Sometimes trying to go cheap could have hurted more than helped. 

Definitely, just that it's competing with the PS4 and Xbox and pricing it within the same price ranges will definitely affect sales

| |

Around the Network

the JoyCons and the portability are the aspects that need to resonate with casuals and if they do (I've seen some very enthusiastic responses) then the Switch can be very successful

Wyrdness said:
Platina said:

The are people who care about those features you do not though.

I know, just expressing my own opinions about this :p

| |

Platina said:

I agree with you, but it seems like people really want to play Rock Paper Scissors and eat virtual burgers...

"with some exclusives to market themselves".

That is the whole point though. You don't buy consoles for the hardware. You buy them for the software.

Or... you should at any rate.

Personally, my decision to buy a Switch would come down to the software and the console price.

And specifically with regards to the Switch, I'd be buying it in spite of the hardware. The hardware doesn't appeal to me so much as some of the exclusive games do.

But $400 CAD is out of my price range for now, and I can get Zelda on my Wii U, so I'm gonna wait.