By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Soraya Saga: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is coming out in 2017: UPDATE Shulk's VA may have hinted lthat they are in the middle of localization

How many people are working on Monolith Soft? I mean, XCX and Xenoblade 2 in a couple of years looks like wizardry.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
How many people are working on Monolith Soft? I mean, XCX and Xenoblade 2 in a couple of years looks like wizardry.

109 so during the last year of Xenoblade X's development back in say most of 2014. There must have a small group of employees working on XB2 that kept getting bigger the closer they got to finsihing X.

Really hope Shulk is in the game in some way. I mean it is a sequel after all.

I guess I gotta switch up my attitude to things now.

animegaming said:
Volterra_90 said:

109 so during the last year of Xenoblade X's development back in say most of 2014. There must have a small group of employees working on XB2 that kept getting bigger the closer they got to finsihing X.

That's nice. It'd be quite a feature to pull those big beasts in a two-year gap though. 

I can't help but ask myself: «What is Retro doing? » after reading these news XD.

Around the Network

it's gone down considerably

Volterra_90 said:
animegaming said:

That's nice. It'd be quite a feature to pull those big beasts in a two-year gap though. 

I can't help but ask myself: «What is Retro doing? » after reading these news XD.

I'm curious as well espically with what is going on with Retro espically since by November they would of been working on this game for 4 years which makes it quite possibly the longest they've been working on a game. Though I am personally guessing they are working either an IP they've never touched before or finally making a new IP that see's the light of day. Since I can imagine it doesn't make 4 years to make a 2D Donkey Kong game and they might just be done with Metroid  and let some other studio develop Prime 4.

Bristow9091 said:
Question: If this is Xenoblade Chronicles 2... what is Xenoblade Chronicles X to the story? A spin off or something?

From the theories I have been seeing online a lot of people believe that X is the  start of a sub series and that once XB2 is done their next game will be X2.

Bristow9091 said:
Question: If this is Xenoblade Chronicles 2... what is Xenoblade Chronicles X to the story? A spin off or something?

All in game indications are that it is either a pure spinoff/alternate continuity or set in the extremely far future and therefore only tangentially connected.

Shulk's VA!? omg, does it mean that the game will have British voice actors like the first Xenobalde? I really liked the voice acting in Xenoblade Chronicles. And could it be that Shulk will appear in this game?? The plot thickens.