By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many Nintendo Switches will you preorder this week?

Dravenet7 said:

I've never bought a system day one. The closest I bought a system at launch was the Wii, and even then I think I believe it 2 months later. It doesn't matter if the console gets popular in the public eye. It is a simple matter of becoming an impulse consumer. I know for a fact that I am going to buy the Switch, but if I go for it at launch it's like saying to myself, "I'm not being a responsible consumer". I want to wait and see Nintendo's policies and how they develop, and when they go a step in the right direction. whether with a new game, new modes, a partnership, an update, I want to be able to go and let Nintendo know, "Hey this  was a good choice to make, this is a reason to buy your product." That is just me on a personal level though.

On the pre-order the side of things, however, I think everyone should rethink buying into or convincing themselves to never buy a product they don't have in-depth information about. Its a lot easier to look at a system, accept its flaws and then consider buying it now or laterm then just ignoring all its flaws just to be suprised and upset that not everything meets your expectations.

I see it as 1) I will own one at some point regardless because I buy all Nintendo hardware for Nintendo games. 2) Nintendo never makes a defective product. 3) Nintendo never drops price quick. (3DS did, but they made up for that and it was the only time in their history). 4) I can afford day 1 price plus games and accessories.

With those in mind, to me I want to secure one day 1 and therefore pre-order is the only way to do that. But, yes I completely see your reasoning and it makes sense for you.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Nem said:
Did something happen i missed? Currently i still see no reason to own one.

Reason enough for me

Getting it for Wii U.... Switch will need more than that to get me to get it.

JRPGfan said:

What will it need?

Assume $250 is the right US price.

0, I plan to stick with my 3DS for the time being and buy Zelda for the Wii U, will probably buy one in 2 or 3 years when/if it has enough games I want.

superchunk said:
JRPGfan said:

What will it need?

Assume $250 is the right US price.

199-249$ price tag, and a Mario 64 like game to start with.

Depends on how many good games it gets, and how soon into its gen it does.

I want to see if it really does get a unified library, and gets all those titles the 3DS currently gets, in future installments ect.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
I will pre-order 38 Nintendo Switch units.. Unless of course they demand money for it, which I have none. In that case I will lower my pre-order to zero units.

This was actually a bit funny. Anyway I may pre-order one if its good.

Edit: Wait, was I already here?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Most likely none.. I don't get consoles day 1, but the Switch Presentation can get me hyped up for it if it's good

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I've never got a console day one,or even year one for that matter, but I am going to preorder the switch and get it day one.

lasershow said:
I've never got a console day one,or even year one for that matter, but I am going to preorder the switch and get it day one.

This is the desperation the WiiU has brought down upon us.

1 as long if I can stay single long enough.