By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ka-pi96 said:

Sometimes you've really got to wonder about moderation consistency and if the mods really do give preferential treatment to certain users. It certainly looks that way sometimes... Ya know, when some users get permabanned for relatively minor things (supposedly a series of them, to be fair), while others say some absolutely disgusting things yet don't get a permaban, even if there is a long running pattern...

I remember when I had to practically beg on my knees to the mod team to ban that neo nazi. Well, mods are only human. My mod history proves that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
COKTOE said:
I knew Segata had an account perma'd previously, but like most others, did not know he had such strict stipulations to adhere to. Very surprising to see him gone. He could be abrasive, and tended to deal in absolutes, but he had good qualities, and I like him. What really sucks is, I think he was making progress on here a social level. Opening up a bit more and whatnot.

On the very rare chance that someone is permabanned and allowed to make an alt (This was his SECOND alt by the way, he was an alt of an alt), they are given very strict guidelines to follow in order to stick around... we were actually rather lenient with him in the fact that he wasn't permabanned right away, he had multiple moderations beforehand.

What was his account other then Ryudo?

So, is it even worth it to bring up ads as a topic of discussion? I knew the type of thing that happened to Stuart23 has happened before, and I'm as Rol mentioned, I'm aware the mere mention of adblock could lead to an instaban in the past. I'm wondering if I should remove the post I made on my wall. I know it's not nearly as conspicuous as starting a thread, but still. Touchy subject.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Bristow9091 said:
VGPolyglot said:

What was his account other then Ryudo?

Can't remember if there was actually a main account, I'm probably not the best mod to ask about that, lol... but doing a little digging brings up multiple alt accounts of his that were banned too, here's a couple;

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/120019/donnyonzlo/#content
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/125325/segabeat/#content

Not sure why it took so long for them to be banned since they seemed to be inactive accounts, but it shows that he's not shy of making alts, I guess he just decided to stick with Segata, lol. 

Thanks Though I agree with ka-pi in that I think if alts are allowed back that the community should be aware/know who they are.

Ryuu96 said:

"The line is that he's an alt of an already perm'd user who has received a few moderations on his new account when he should have only really been given one chance, he was reported multiple times lately for good reason but we felt none were big enough to justify a permaban but he continued to show that he won't change his antagonistic behaviour as shown by that comment."

Well I addressed this earlier to be fair. My original comment was never about Segata Sanshiro, it was a general comment. Then I saw Segata's permaban and reread Kapi's comment and I stated this in a reply. Now that we have more info the reply is outdated. Honestly though even if he didn't have alts the permaban would have been fair. I was more so contesting it on the grounds of how hard it seems for other people to get permabanned even when they say egregious things. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Although honestly I think I need to apologize. I jumped the gun way too quickly. I saw StarOcean's ban note, and something about his comment really sparked a nerve. I shouldn't have automatically leaped to the idea that it was unjust not to permaban him, or that the permaban moderations needs more consistency. I guess the way I saw it at the time, I have seen him say stuff like that before, and it's one of the worst things you could say about other people. So it made me really question why he wasn't already permabanned, because it was so bad and other users seemed to have been perma'd just for being jerks in the general sense, let alone something like that.  

But really it's not my business what happens with StarOcean. I think I haven't been on the site long enough to see all the positive things he contributes to VGChartz. Maybe there is a valid reason to keep him around. And even if there isn't it's none of my business. The funny thing is I don't even dislike the guy, I barely know him, I'm not a Trump supporter and he makes political threads more entertaining (for all the wrong reasons). But when I see stuff like that, whether or not it's applicable to me, it just gives me a very bad feeling, and it made me to a conclusion that was perhaps a bit haphazard and rushed. 

So sorry for jumping the gun. My comment was a bit rude.

Around the Network

you can mention adblock Brett aint here enough to notice that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Bristow9091 said:
kirby007 said:

I'm actually Brett, this is my alt... gonna' have to ban you now.

dont worry i have alts with more vg$ anyway

shakes fist at Talonman

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Bristow9091 said:
kirby007 said:

You're Brett? 

That explains the rum.

Hynad said:
Bristow9091 said:

You're Brett? 

That explains the rum.

nah hes not he didnt even get the Kimi deserved to lose reference

Bristow9091 said:

Hynad said:

You're Brett? 

That explains the rum.

Nothing can explain the rum, only more rum! :P