By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kirby007 said:
can anyone clarify why the trap thread in the NSFW forum got locked?

My comment just killed it.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
kirby007 said:
can anyone clarify why the trap thread in the NSFW forum got locked?

Requested by the OP.

Edit - My bad for not leaving a note, sorry.

cheers explains a lot hihi, i would probably be embarrassed aswell

edit: if i would care for such a thing as embarrassment

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I already sent a message to CGI-Quality,but I'll ask here too: Why does this thread of mine got locked? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234799&page=1

I mean,if I broke a rule then fine,but they locked without even explaining me why. This is a pretty big issue me and other users are having. The least it could do is giving me an explanation,if I broke a rule I could try to avoid that in the future,but I will never know if they don't tell me.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Ka-pi96 said:

Sometimes you've really got to wonder about moderation consistency and if the mods really do give preferential treatment to certain users. It certainly looks that way sometimes... Ya know, when some users get permabanned for relatively minor things (supposedly a series of them, to be fair), while others say some absolutely disgusting things yet don't get a permaban, even if there is a long running pattern...

What do you mean by "wonder"? When someone calls others subhuman multiple times and doesn't get permabanned for it when others have been permabanned for things less egregious, there's nothing to "wonder" about. It IS special treatment. 

Ka-pi96 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

What do you mean by "wonder"? When someone calls others subhuman multiple times and doesn't get permabanned for it when others have been permabanned for things less egregious, there's nothing to "wonder" about. It IS special treatment. 

Well... you got one part of what I was saying. But I was also talking about SegataSanshiro's permaban. That looks harsh to me (to be fair I don't know his moderation history though), but it looks especially harsh given that other one which wasn't a permaban.

I actually didn't see his perma until after I wrote the comment, but the minute I saw it it shed even more light to your comment. I was talking more generally about permabans. And I agree. I do think the moderation was harsh, especially because he called the comment shit and not the user ... but I can understand why he was perma'd, even if it was harsh. The question is if he's given a harsh perma, why isn't their a consistent line drawn? 

Around the Network

What axum said, he was meant to stay moderation free for the duration of his time here, that was the condition. We let him get away with 4 moderations despite that condition. We had to cut him loose.

Ka-pi96 said:

Well... you got one part of what I was saying. But I was also talking about SegataSanshiro's permaban. That looks harsh to me (to be fair I don't know his moderation history though), but it looks especially harsh given that other one which wasn't a permaban.

I actually didn't see his perma until after I wrote the comment, but the minute I saw it it shed even more light to your comment. I was talking more generally about permabans. And I agree. I do think the moderation was harsh, especially because he called the comment shit and not the user ... but I can understand why he was perma'd, even if it was harsh. The question is if he's given a harsh perma, why isn't their a consistent line drawn? 

Read my comment above.

think-man said:

Read my comment above.

I read the comment, and it's fair, but i'm pretty sure you could find other examples where a user gets perma'd for less egregious ... which is why it's not specifically about Segata(my original comment wasn't even about Segata).  Also, I already said I thought Segata's ban was fair all and all, even if he wasn't an alt.

I'm just saying the line doesn't really make any sense ... but whatever. 

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 13 February 2018

RolStoppable said:
Stuart23 said:
I already sent a message to CGI-Quality,but I'll ask here too: Why does this thread of mine got locked? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234799&page=1

I mean,if I broke a rule then fine,but they locked without even explaining me why. This is a pretty big issue me and other users are having. The least it could do is giving me an explanation,if I broke a rule I could try to avoid that in the future,but I will never know if they don't tell me.

If a thread about ads on this website gets locked without an explanation, it was likely an admin or mod who follows orders from The Boss. That's Brett Walton a.k.a. ioi. In the past the mere mention of using adblock on this website could earn people a ban, so getting a thread locked isn't so bad.

Since it's not in the power of admins to decide the kind of ads that are displayed on this website - that's solely in the hands of The Boss - they can't really help users and it must be frustrating for them to see threads about ads on this website appear repeatedly, so every now and then one gets locked without explanation. This website has continued to run without much help from its owner for years now, and any requests by this site's staff to the owner can take days, weeks or even months until it gets resolved by the owner.

The two options that users have are adblock or joining the Supporter program where you pay a small amount of money to this website to earn a number of perks for the duration of your subscription, including an ad-free version of this website.

As much as frustating it is for mods,it is also frustating to lock threads without giving feedback to the users, specially someone who created an account relativity recently like me. I never saw any rule about that, and that problem about an ad blocking the page is a thing that got worse these days,as much I don't know if it is on the power of anyone here to solve. What I am saying is that explaining is the best way for me to avoid doing that in the future,I shouldn't get punished without knowing WHY that so.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

I knew Segata had an account perma'd previously, but like most others, did not know he had such strict stipulations to adhere to. Very surprising to see him gone. He could be abrasive, and tended to deal in absolutes, but he had good qualities, and I like him. What really sucks is, I think he was making progress on here a social level in recent months.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."