By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
OTBWY said:
quickrick said:

Some people will never admit there wrong. actually nobody agrees with you, not even pemalite, you can even look at his wall post.

"I don't care if you think it is highly subjective.nnNever once have I claimed that a WiiU exclusive doesn't look like it couldn't run on an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3."

Classical cherrypicking rick. Mate, you sided with fatslob because he somewhat took your position, yet both of you got roundhouse kicked by Pemalite. I had no other stake in it, because I was done with it. Pemalite had a lot more to say (technical side). Another thing, Miyamotoo posted some guy who also spoke against, which you called a Nintendo fanboy (easy to throw out isn't it) yet hypocritically posted something the same guy said in order to prove a point. Now where is that ban message.

fatslob  won that argument rather easily. GTAV has way more going then zleda, it's also going for realistic graphics which require more compute. games run on different architecture all the time, just look at Doom. I'm done here, you will be on my ignore list, you are unreasonable to me. 

Last edited by quickrick - on 08 February 2018

Around the Network
quickrick said:
OTBWY said:

Classical cherrypicking rick. Mate, you sided with fatslob because he somewhat took your position, yet both of you got roundhouse kicked by Pemalite. I had no other stake in it, because I was done with it. Pemalite had a lot more to say (technical side). Another thing, Miyamotoo posted some guy who also spoke against, which you called a Nintendo fanboy (easy to throw out isn't it) yet hypocritically posted something the same guy said in order to prove a point. Now where is that ban message.

fatslob  won that argument rather easily. I'm done here you will be on my ignore list.

You would say that wouldn't you.

Also, I don't care about your "ignore list". Good. All I wanted was some truth out of you (the real reason you got banned) and have the decency to say my name when you're throwing shade.

Edit: Editing his comment again. "just look at Doom" And this is why you're out of your depth. Id tech 6 doesn't run on 360/ps3. I explained it over and over again. You just refuse to listen.

Last edited by OTBWY - on 08 February 2018

OTBWY said:
quickrick said:

fatslob  won that argument rather easily. I'm done here you will be on my ignore list.

Also, I don't care about your "ignore list". Good. All I wanted was some truth out of you (the real reason you got banned) and have the decency to say my name when you're throwing shade.

Edit: Editing his comment again. "just look at Doom" And this is why you're out of your depth. Id tech 6 doesn't run on 360/ps3. I explained it over and over again. You just refuse to listen.

what does that have to do with anything? there are few games that lead on ps3 which has totally different architecture, then 360, yet they run fine on 360, i don't get your argument being different architecture doesn't mean anything unless the architecture is much weaker where it can't run.  you think doom was made to run the hardware that low spec, even the developer commented how hard it was to port the game.

https://www.destructoid.com/ps3-leading-cross-platform-software-development-haze-and-devil-may-cry-say-yes-31706.phtml

Last edited by quickrick - on 08 February 2018

quickrick said:
OTBWY said:

what does that have to do with anything? there are few games that lead on ps3 which has totally different architecture, then 360, yet they run fine on 360, i don't get you're argument being different architecture doesn't mean anything unless the architecture is much weaker where it can't run. 

https://www.destructoid.com/ps3-leading-cross-platform-software-development-haze-and-devil-may-cry-say-yes-31706.phtml

Nice ignore list. Anyway, I'm going to ignore the ignorant misinformed architecture argument and useless URL, and explain it in very simple easy to learn terms.

ID tech 6 does not run on older systems. Many aspects are attached to it, such as: the power PC architecture of said systems. Besides that, there are other reasons, including RAM. They would have to use a heavily modified version of id tech 5 to run it, but it would essentially make it a new game. Just made to look the same. The same would go for BotW. Its engine has physics that are much heavier to manage than what could be done on PS3/360. It would require a different engine, heavily cut down on certain aspects.

Last edited by OTBWY - on 08 February 2018

OTBWY said:
quickrick said:

what does that have to do with anything? there are few games that lead on ps3 which has totally different architecture, then 360, yet they run fine on 360, i don't get you're argument being different architecture doesn't mean anything unless the architecture is much weaker where it can't run. 

Nice ignore list. Anyway, I'm going to ignore the ignorant misinformed architecture argument and useless URL, and explain it in very simple easy to learn terms.

ID tech 6 does not run on older systems. Many aspects are attached to it, such as: the power PC architecture of said systems. Besides that, there are other reasons, including RAM. They would have to use a heavily modified version of id tech 5 to run it, but it would essentially make it a new game. Just made to look the same. The same would go for BotW. Its engine has physics that are much heavier to manage than what could be done on PS3/360. It would require a different engine, heavily cut down on certain aspects.

obviously id tech 6 won't run on 360/ps3, it barely runs on switch. i'm trying to say is doom was targeting much higher specs, yet was able to be ported down to switch something many people were impressed by, anway we derailing the thread pm if you wan't to continue. 

Around the Network
quickrick said:

The fact that you believe this is kind of unbelievable to me, the gap between switch and ps4 is huge spec wise, yet i can't say for a fact,  AC origins or watch dogs 2, won't run on it, i'm pretty confident it can't, but going around  stating zelda can't run like it's it's fact, when the gap between 360/wiiu was so small that it couldn't run the majority of ports better, is frankly ridiculous.  

But that's a non-equivalence, quick rick. and i think you know it. 

the Switch is a huge step up from the Wii U. look: https://youtu.be/J6W1zsY4-Hk?t=11s

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
I got banned for posting a naked butt in a NSFW thread for 5 minutes before I removed it.

Male butt, or female butt?

Why does that matter to you? Are you that sexist?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

Why does that matter to you? Are you that sexist?

nah, just wondering if one is more likely to get you banned than the other

You would have to ask the mods, but experience tells me that one gender's exposed secondary sexual features will get you in less trouble than the other.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Thats due to the sexual prefernce of most mods

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Explain

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.