By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 rpg recommendations?

I love rpgs and wanted to buy some for my PS4. I currently have Dark Souls 3 and well that's it. I must admit I'm picky with rpgs, I mostly prefer action ones and dont really like strategic ones but wouldn't mind turn based. I know KH, Nioh, Nier, Persona 5 and couple of others are coming out soon, which I have my eye on. I heard massive praise for Witcher 3 but never played a Witcher game. I must admit I'm a little scared to buy it. So like the title says any recommendations and any one able to inform me about Witcher 3 if I should play it?

Around the Network
HandofPrometheus said:

I love rpgs and wanted to buy some for my PS4. I currently have Dark Souls 3 and well that's it. I must admit I'm picky with rpgs, I mostly prefer action ones and dont really like strategic ones but wouldn't mind turn based. I know KH, Nioh, Nier, Persona 5 and couple of others are coming out soon, which I have my eye on. I heard massive praise for Witcher 3 but never played a Witcher game. I must admit I'm a little scared to buy it. So like the title says any recommendations and any one able to inform me about Witcher 3 if I should play it?

You know games won't hurt you, right?

Fairy fencer f, World of final fantasy and Ff15

Skyrim

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

I am Setsuna is good one, not amazing but it will scratch that itch. I thought it was just ok but a lot of people loved it.

Around the Network

Xenoblade Chronicles

Well, I think FFxv would be good for you. I would also recommend dragon age inquisition and the witcher 3. You don't need to play the other ones to get the game, so don't worry if they are your first in the series.

I played The Witcher 3 without playing any Witcher game before, and I loved it. It's actually my favourite game of all time. I highly recommend it. While playing previous games obviously help with understanding the world, you don't need to. It's a fantastic game, honestly if you love action RPGs, you need to play it.

Bloodborne is also fantastic, I highly recommend it as well.

Get the Witcher 3 game of the year edition, the one that comes with all the DLC. They are totally worth it and add an extra 30-40 hours of content

I'd also recommend to get the bloodborne edition that comes with the old hunters. The old hunters was great

Sounds like you need to play Witcher 3. Skyrim is good if you somehow haven't played it yet. For a slightly different scope and scale, I really enjoyed Child of Light, but it's turn based. Haven't touched WoFF or FF15, so can't recommend them just yet.

Bloodborne counts >o>

Get Bloodborne.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames