By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So is Rogue One the best Star Wars movie?

It's certainly up there with Episode V for me. So much better than Episode VII aka remake of Episode IV.

It was a slow start, but damn did it built up to an awesome finale. The last act is just sooo good.

Around the Network
Turkish said:

It's certainly up there with Episode V for me. So much better than Episode VII aka remake of Episode IV.

It was a slow start, but damn did it built up to an awesome finale. The last act is just sooo good.

Now I need to see.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Turkish said:

I have to watch it a few more times to truly "judge" it, but liked it as much as the Force Awakens (sorry OP :) ), so I would slot it into a tie for 3rd. I preferred Rogue One's ending, but I like the characters and pacing of the Force Awakens better. Empire is first for me, of course. 

I still prefer Empire too. I think it's better than Force Awakens but appreciate it for what it was. A step in the right direction. A direction that could have had some influence on Rogue One. We won't know until Episode 8 next year though. It'll be interesting.

I'd probably rank it fifth, after episodes IV-VII but before the prequel trilogy.

It's not really close to being the best of the saga. It's just kind of a mediocre project with poor pacing and character development. Actually, apart from the final act it's pretty forgettable.

Around the Network

Lol no, it's actually the worst Star Wars movie due to having an incredibly boring first half, the worst cast of any Star Wars movie by far as none of them are likable and nobody will remember most of them and it was completely lacking in all fun.

It doesn't have the obvious faults of Episode 2 and 2 but they were at least entertaining.

It is amazing, I agree it has a bit of a sluggish start, but the final act is superb. That final scene, wow, that was what everyone wanted to see for decades. Saw it again today, still awesome.

It won't beat A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back for me though. Not sure where it falls after that, somewhere beside Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens and Revenge of the Sith. Probably above Revenge of the Sith, so I'd say it's 3rd-5th. It's definitely better than The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

I realize mentioning "3rd-5th" makes it sound worse than it is, I am really surprised by it, easily exceeded my expectations. If Disney makes more spin-offs like this one, I'm definitely on board.

A fan movie gone real.

Star Wars was farm boys, princesses, pirates, space ships, sword fights, monsters, robots, and imaginative new worlds. I don't know what Rogue One is. A war movie with forgettable protagonists?

The drama was there. The action was kinda there. The sense of fun and adventure? Nope. It's the only Start War film that would have freaked me out and bored me to death if I were twelve years old. But we grew up with it and we adults love our "Dark and serious" films so that's what we got. A serious kid's film that is no longer for kids.

Fuck yes, it was amazing

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850